Bruce Lee was a martial artist, actor, and director considered one of the most influential figures in the history of martial arts. He is credited with helping to popularize Kung Fu and Chinese martial arts in the West. His films, such as The Big Boss and Enter the Dragon, are classics of martial arts cinema. Lee was also a talented philosopher and thinker; his quotes on water, life, fighting, practice, and knowledge still inspire people today.
“Water is fluid, soft, and yielding. But water will wear away rock, which is rigid and cannot yield. As a result, the pressure of water can change anything.” This Bruce Lee quote is about the power of persistence and how even the softest things can eventually triumph over the hardest. It’s a great motivational quote for anyone facing adversity or being overwhelmed by obstacles.
“Life itself is your teacher and you are in a state of constant learning.” This quote from Bruce Lee emphasizes the importance of always being open to new experiences and learning from them. It’s a great reminder that we should never stop growing and expanding our horizons.
“Kick reason to the curb and just do it.” This Bruce Lee quote is about following your heart and going after what you want without letting logic or doubt get in the way. It’s a great call to action for anyone who feels stuck or uncertain about their next steps.
Motivational Bruce Lee Quotes
Bruce Lee was a famous martial artist and actor. He starred in several movies such as The Green Hornet and Enter the Dragon. He is considered by many to be one of the most influential martial artists of all time.
He developed his own unique style of martial arts called Jeet Kune Do. Bruce Lee quotes are some of the most popular quotes in the world.
- “Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.”
- “The spirit of the individual is determined by his dominating thought habits.”
- “In order to taste my cup of water, you must first empty your cup.”
- “Life is wide, limitless. There is no border, no frontier.”
- “Be happy, but never satisfied.”
- “Endurance is lost rapidly if one ceases to work at its maximum.”
- “The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.”
- “The word ‘superstar’ is an illusion.”
- “The more we value things, the less we value ourselves.”
- “Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.”
- “All knowledge simply means self-knowledge.”
- “Be self-aware, rather than a repetitious robot.”
- “Boards don’t hit back.”
- “Preparation for tomorrow is hard work today.”
- “I am not teaching you anything. I just help you to explore yourself.”
- “If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of.”
- “Only the self-sufficient stand alone–most people follow the crowd and imitate.”
- “For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
- “Art calls for complete mastery of techniques, developed by reflection within the soul.”
- “Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.”
- “Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it.”
- “The moment is freedom. I couldn’t live by a rigid schedule. I try to live freely from moment to moment, letting things happen and adjusting to them.”
- “The doubters said, ‘Man can not fly.’ The doers said, ‘Maybe, but we’ll try,’ and finally soared in the morning glow while non-believers watched from below.”
- “Reality is apparent when one ceases to compare. There is ‘what is’ only when there is no comparison at all, and to live with what is, is to be peaceful.”
- “Self-knowledge involves relationship. To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person. The relationship is a process of self-evaluation and self-revelation. The relationship is the mirror in which you discover yourself–to be is to be related.”
- “Choose the positive. You have a choice, you are master of your attitude, choose the positive, the constructive. Optimism is a faith that leads to success.”
- “Everything you do, if not in a relaxed state will be done at a lesser level than you are proficient. Thus the tensed expert marksman will aim at a level less than his/her student.”
- “Many people dedicate their lives to actualizing a concept of what they should be like, rather than actualizing themselves. This difference between self-actualization and self-image actualization is very important. Most people live only for their image.”
- “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done. Make at least one definite move daily toward your goal.”
Famous Bruce Lee Quotes
Bruce Lee was a highly influential martial artist, movie star and cultural icon. His unique approach to both the physical and mental aspects of combat made him a true master of his craft. One of his most famous quotes is,
“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”
This quote speaks to the importance of repetition and focus in the pursuit of excellence. When it comes to any skill, be it physical or mental, those who have put in the time and effort to perfect their technique will always be the ones to fear the most.
- “You just wait. I’m going to be the biggest Chinese Star in the world.”
- “The second-hand artist blindly following his sensei or sifu accepts his pattern. As a result, his action is and, more importantly, his thinking become mechanical. His responses become automatic, according to set patterns, making him narrow and limited.”
- “Life is never stagnation. It is constant movement, un-rhythmic movement, as we as constant change. Things live by moving and gain strength as they go.”
- “A fight is not won by one punch or kick. Either learn to endure or hire a bodyguard.”
- “All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns.”
- “Art is the way to the absolute and to the essence of human life. The aim of art is not the one-sided promotion of spirit, soul and senses, but the opening of all human capacities–thought, feeling, will–to the life rhythm of the world of nature. So will the voiceless voice be heard and the self be brought into harmony with it.”
- “Take no thought of who is right or wrong, or who is better than. Be not for or against.”
- “To spend time is to pass it in a specified manner. To waste time is to expend it thoughtlessly or carelessly. We all have time to either spend or waste and it is our decision what to do with it. But once passed, it is gone forever.”
- “It is not a shame to be knocked down by other people. The important thing is to ask when you’re being knocked down, ‘Why am I being knocked down?’ If a person can reflect in this way, then there is hope for this person.”
- “The meaning of life is that it is to be lived, and it is not to be traded and conceptualized and squeezed into a pattern of systems.”
- “The knowledge and skills you have achieved are meant to be forgotten so you can float comfortably in emptiness, without obstruction.”
- “Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later the man who wins is the man who thinks he can.”
- “It’s not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.”
- “Do not allow negative thoughts to enter your mind for they are the weeds that strangle confidence.”
- “The world is full of people who are determined to be somebody or to give trouble. They want to get ahead, to stand out. Such ambition has no use for a gung fu man, who rejects all forms of self-assertiveness and competition.”
- “Mistakes are always forgivable if one has the courage to admit them.”
- “Those who are unaware they are walking in darkness will never seek the light.”
- “It’s like a finger pointing away to the moon. Don’t concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.”
- “Don’t fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts, it is glorious even to fail.”
- “The stillness in stillness is not the real stillness; only when there is stillness in movement does the universal rhythm manifest.”
- “Do not be tense, just be ready, not thinking but not dreaming, not being set but being flexible. It is being ‘wholly’ and quietly alive, aware and alert, ready for whatever may come.”
- “But neither can you condemn nor justify and yet be extraordinarily alive as you walk on. You can never invite the wind but you must leave the window open.”
- “The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be.”
- “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.”
- “Defeat is a state of mind; No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality.”
Bruce Lee lived a short but very impactful life. He is remembered today as the figure who popularized kung fu worldwide. He would share life-changing wisdom every chance he got.
Above we have listed Bruce Lee’s most inspiring quotes that will help you eliminate self-doubt. Allow these amazing Bruce Lee quotes to help you achieve personal growth in your own life.Hope you enjoyed these Famous Quotes, Share these HappyLives360 Quotes with your friends and family.