Hardy has written several books on success, including The Compound Effect and The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster. Hardy is known for his focus on goal setting, personal responsibility, and taking massive action in his writing and speaking.
Some of Hardy’s most famous quotes include:
Motivational Darren Hardy Quotes
- Have you ever been bitten by an elephant? How about a mosquito? It’s the little things in life that will bite you.
- The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience but where he stands at times of challenge.
- We are all self-made men and women, but only the successful take credit for it.
- Magic is doing simple things repeatedly and long enough to ignite the miracle of the Compound Effect.
- The person with a clear, compelling, and white-hot burning why will always defeat even the best at doing the how.
- It’s not the big things that add up in the end; the hundreds, thousands, or millions of little things separate the ordinary from the extraordinary.
- Some of my greatest motivation, determination and dogged persistence came when I had an enemy to fight.
- You alone are responsible for what you do, don’t do, or how you respond to what’s done to you.
- Every great act, every fantastic adventure, starts with small steps. The first step always looks more complicated than it actually is.
- Momentum (Big Mo) is undoubtedly one of the most influential and enigmatic forces of success.
- Our need for immediate gratification can turn us into the most reactive, non-thinking animals.
- Tell me what everyone else does, what’s the consensus and what’s popular, and I will typically do the opposite.
- Choose to make up for what you lack in innate ability with discipline, hard work, and good habits.
- This is the story of most people’s lives; they’re riding the horse of their habits with no idea where they’re headed.
- Our choices can deliver us to our goals or send us orbiting into a galaxy far away.
- If there’s a discrepancy between what you say and what you do, I will believe what you do every time.
- The frequent, small, and seemingly inconsequential choices are of grave concern.
- Even those that seem insignificant, when compounded, can make an extreme impact on your life.
- It’s the extra effort after you’ve done your best that is the real difference maker.
- Hitting the wall isn’t an obstacle; it’s an opportunity.
- Real growth happens with what you do after you’re at the wall.
- You can do more than expected in every aspect of your life.
- All work and no play make Jack a dull boy, and it’s a recipe for backsliding.
- There should be time to celebrate, to enjoy some of the fruits of your victories along the way.
- Promise yourself a nice pot of gold when you reach the rainbow’s end.
Darren Hardy is an entrepreneur, best-selling author, and keynote speaker. He is the former editor-in-chief of Success magazine and now serves as the CEO of Success Partners, a company that provides coaching and resources for entrepreneurs.
Hardy is known for his inspirational quotes and sayings. Here are some of his most famous quotes with meaning:
- “You become what you believe.”
This quote means that you will achieve whatever you believe you can achieve. If you think you can’t do something, then you won’t be able to do it. But if you think you can do something, you will be able to do it.
- “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.”
This quote means that we should not let our doubts stop us from achieving our goals. We should have faith in ourselves and our ability to achieve anything we set our minds to.
- “Don’t let someone else’s opinion of you become your reality.”
Other people’s opinions of us are not always accurate. We should not let other people’s opinions define who we are or what we are capable of.
- Ordinary is easy. Extraordinary is what will separate you from the crowd.
- If it’s complicated, awkward, or tedious, so be it. Just do it.
- When you define your goals, you give your brain something new to look for and focus on.
- To me, what’s popular is average. It’s what is expected.
- It takes time and energy to get momentum, but success and results compound rapidly.
- Consistency is the key to achieving and maintaining momentum.
- You can’t count on momentum showing up to every occasion, but when it does – wow!
- Once you get momentum, there’s almost no way anyone can catch you.
- One small, simple change in habit, one giant leap forward in productivity.
- My anticipation of getting in the water was actually worst than the reality of just jumping in.
- Love is a powerfully motivating force. But so is hate.
- You cannot manage or improve something unless you measure it.
- The life we end up with is simply an accumulation of all our choices.
- Beware of neglecting the simple things that make the big things in your life possible.
- The first step towards change is awareness.
- The results, the life, and the lifestyle of your dreams can be yours when you put the Compound Effect to work for you.
- Small, Smart Choices + Consistency + Time = RADICAL DIFFERENCE
- You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret to your success is found in your daily routine.
Famous Darren Hardy Quotes
Darren Hardy, the creator of the wildly popular Success magazine, is well-known for his inspirational quotes.
These words ring especially true when we’re facing challenges in our lives. Whatever goal we’re trying to achieve, Darren Hardy’s quotes remind us that we have the power to make it happen. So let’s get out there and make our dreams a reality!
- Success results from small, smart choices completed consistently over time.
- Isn’t it comforting to know you only need to take a series of tiny steps, consistently over time, to radically improve your life?
- The beauty of the compound effect is its simplicity.
- Essentially, you make your choices, and then your preferences make you.
- The key is to make your why-power so strong that it overwhelms your urges for instant gratification.
- It will work when you’re willing to take 100 per cent responsibility for making the relationship work.
- When I learned the wrongdoings, I chose not to lose more time fighting them. Instead, I licked my wounds, learned my lesson, and moved on. In hindsight, I’d pick up and move on again today.”
- Become conscious of every choice you make today so you can begin making more intelligent decisions moving forward.
- Super minor, seemingly inconsequential adjustments can and will revolutionize everything.
- Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better.
- Tracking my progress and missteps is one of the reasons I’ve accumulated the success I have.
- You’ve got to want something and know why you want it, or you’ll give up too quickly.
- Forget about willpower. It’s time for why-power. Your choices are only meaningful when you connect them to your desires and dreams. The wisest and most motivating choices are the ones aligned with that which you identify as your purpose, your core self, and your highest values. You’ve got to want something and know why you want it, or you’ll end up giving up too quickly.”
- The power of your why makes you stick through the gruelling, mundane, and laborious.
- All the hours will be meaningless until your whys are powerful enough.
- When the reason is big enough, you will be willing to perform almost any how.
- The most significant difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is that successful people are willing to do what unsuccessful people are not.
- Motivation without Action leads to self-delusion.
- The first step toward change is awareness. If you want to get from where you are to where you want to be, you must start by becoming aware of the choices that lead you away from your desired destination.”
- Do you know how casinos make so much money in Vegas? Because they track every table, every winner, every hour.
- You can’t make the most of who you are – your talents, resources and capabilities – until you are aware and accountable for your actions.
- A horse wins by a nose but gets 10 times the price money.
- It’s never too late to reap the benefits of the Compound Effect.
- If you want to sail your life in a new direction, you must first pick up the anchors of bad habits weighing you down.
- The (Complete) Formula for Getting Lucky: Preparation (personal growth) + Attitude (belief/mindset) + Opportunity (a good thing coming your way) + Action (doing something about it) = Luck.”
- Step by step, daily, your choices will shape your actions until they become habits, where practice makes them permanent.
- Losing is a habit. So is winning.
- A daily routine built on good habits is the difference that separates the most successful among us from everyone else.
- Extraordinary accomplishment does not guarantee special joy, happiness, love, or meaning.
- It makes me believe that success without fulfilment is a failure.
- Your biggest challenge isn’t that you’ve intentionally been making bad choices. Heck, that would be easy to fix. Your biggest challenge is that you’ve been sleepwalking through your options.”
- It’s time to WAKE UP and realize that the habits you indulge in could compound your life into a repeated disaster.
- Enemies give us a reason to stand tall with courage.
- Without a motivating fight, we can become fat and lazy; we lose our strength and purpose.
- Countless people have more disadvantages and significant obstacles than you, yet they’re wealthier and more fulfilled.
Darren Hardy Quotes Of All Time
- We can all take back control by not blaming chance, fate, or anyone else for our outcomes.
- Seek out positive people who have achieved the success you want to create in your own life. Remember the adage: “Never ask for advice from someone with whom you wouldn’t want to trade places.”
- Every choice has an impact on the Compound Effect of your life.
- The highest achievers in the world have all succeeded because they mapped out their visions.
- You certainly won’t get it if you don’t know what to look for.
- Defining your core values helps make life simpler and more efficient.
- Real and lasting success requires work – and lots of it!
- The dream in your heart may be more significant than the environment in which you find yourself. Sometimes you have to get out of that environment to fulfil that dream. It’s like planting an oak sapling in a pot. Once it becomes rootbound, its growth is limited. It needs a great space to become a mighty oak. So do you.”
- The slightest adjustments to your daily routines can dramatically alter the outcomes in your life.
- Your choices are only meaningful when you connect them to your desires and dreams.
- People are either motivated by something they want or don’t want.
- Building your performance around world-class routines is key to becoming world-class.
- Every so often I like to interrupt my routines. Otherwise, life gets stale, and I plateau.
- Newton’s First Law, also known as the Law of Inertia: Objects at rest tend to stay at rest unless acted on by an outside force. Objects tend to remain in motion unless something stops their momentum. Put another way, couch potatoes tend to stay couch potatoes. Achievers—people who get into a successful rhythm—continue busting their butts and achieving more.”
- If something that used to energize you has become same-old/same-old or is no longer generating powerful results, switch it up.
- You set yourself up for failure by doing too much too soon.
- If you don’t get into something you can maintain, you won’t do it.
- You must build a program that you can do for fifty years, not five weeks or five months.
- It’s far more accessible and requires a lot less energy to take off once and maintain a regular speed all along the way.
- You get in life what you create. Expectation drives the creative process. What do you expect? You expect whatever it is you’re thinking about. Your thought process, the conversation in your head, is at the base of the results you create in life.”
Darren Hardy is an entrepreneur, author, and keynote speaker. He is the former editor-in-chief of Success magazine, and he now serves as the CEO of Success Partners. Hardy is known for his inspirational quotes and sayings.Hope you enjoyed these Famous Quotes, Share these HappyLives360 Quotes with your friends and family.