David Deida is an internationally renowned teacher of meditation, relationships, and sacred sexuality. His teachings are based on the revolutionary Integral Way of Life, which he first developed in the early 1990s. In addition to his many books and audio programs, David offers retreats and training around the world.
In his work, David inspires people to live more authentic, joyful lives by accessing their inner wisdom and truth. He encourages them to let go of limiting beliefs and patterns that keep them stuck in old ways of thinking and behaving. And he teaches them how to connect with their deepest desires to create lives rich with meaning and purpose.
David’s teachings have touched the lives of millions of people from all walks of life. His work has been featured in popular magazines like Oprah Magazine, Huffington Post, and Psychology Today. And he’s been interviewed on numerous radio shows and podcasts, including The Tim Ferris Show and Super Soul Sunday.
Motivational David Deida Quotes
- “Nobody gives you faster feedback about your mediocrity than your woman.” -David Deida.
- “Masculine and feminine aspects exist in all beings.” -David Deida
- “I am going to speak some reckless words, and I want you to listen recklessly.” -David Deida
- “One moment of total awareness is one moment of perfect enlightenment.” -David Deida
- “Without love, our lives are empty.” -David Deida
- “The most loving women are the women who will test you the most.” -David Deida
- “Everything you do right now ripples outward and affects everyone Your posture can shine your heart or transmit anxiety Your breath can radiate love or muddy the room in depression Your glance can awaken joy Your words can inspire freedom Your every act can open hearts and minds.” -David Deida
- “The only way to live free, the only way to live your life as an offering of love, is to feel everything fully and live open.” -David Deida
- “Every moment of your life is either a test or a celebration.” -David Deida
- “Stop waiting Feel everything Love achingly Give impeccably Let go.” -David Deida
- “You are not only a man, you are a superior man: a man who does his best to live as love in the world and in his intimacy, a man whose heart remains open and whose truth remains strong…” -David Deida
- “Violence is always an effort toward greater freedom or love Openness is freedom and love Even the most violent or self-destructive emotions are rooted in the heart’s need for openness, to be free, to give and receive love.” -David Deida
- “One of the deepest feminine desires in intimacy is precisely not to have to always figure it out for her man and guide him.” -David Deida
- “You should always listen to your woman, and then make your own decision If you choose to go with your woman’s suggestion even when deep in your heart you feel that another decision is more wise, you are, in effect, saying, “I don’t trust my own wisdom.” You are weakening yourself by telling yourself this You are weakening your woman’s trust in you: why should she trust your wisdom if you don’t?” -David Deida
Famous David Deida Quotes
David Deida is a world-renowned teacher of masculinity, sexuality, and spirituality. He has written many books on the topic, including The Way of the Superior Man and The Game of Desire. In these books, Deida shares his wisdom on how men can live a more fulfilling life by being in touch with their masculine energy.
Deida’s quotes are often quite profound, and they have the power to motivate and inspire men to live their best life. Here are some of David Deida’s most famous quotes with meaning:
- “A man’s true purpose is not to be secure or successful, but to be wild and free.”
This quote encourages men to let go of their need for security and success and instead embrace their wild side. It reminds us that we are all animals at heart and that it is okay to let our primal instincts come out sometimes.
- “The challenge for most men is not that they aim too high and miss, but that they aim too low and hit.”
This quote encourages men to set their sights high in life. It reminds us that we can do much more than we often give ourselves credit for.
- “The first step toward true masculinity is acknowledging the wound.”
This quote shows that many men are hurt emotionally because they have never dealt with the pain.
Inspirational David Deida Quotes
- “If you want real passion, you need a ravisher and a ravishes; otherwise, you just have two buddies who decide to rub genitals in bed.” -David Deida.
- “Your lust reveals your real desire to unite with the feminine, to penetrate as deeply as possible, to receive her delicious light as radiant food for your masculine soul, and to give her your entirety, losing yourself in the giving, so that you are both liberated beyond your selves in the explosion of your gifts.” -David Deida.
- “Unadorned suffering is the bedmate of masculine growth only by staying intimate with your personal suffering can you feel through it to its source.” -David Deida.
- “Your essential emotional tone – at ease in your deepest purpose or fearful in the ambiguity of your intent – becomes part of your children’s home.” -David Deida.
- “She already knows she can take care of herself just fine now, she takes care as love’s all she loves love, and she loves opening as love’s bright and powerful grace Breath by breath, she gives her body to be possessed by love, moved by love, lived by love, fiercely alive and without shame – in every moment taking all into heart, deeply, and opening as love’s all, shining as love’s every color, dancing as love’s every texture, whether or not she is with her lover.” -David Deida.
- “Limited money and family obligations have never stopped a man who really wanted to do something, although they provide excuses for a man who is not really up to the creative challenge in the first place find out today whether you are willing to do what it takes.” -David Deida.
- “Learn to find humour in the unending emotional drama the feminine seems to enjoy so much.” -David Deida.
- “If you are willing to feel exactly what is and open as you are, then your life unfolds as truth.” -David Deida.
- “When you walk, how can you let go of your old habits of tension and move as an expression of the love you feel you are at depth? At your job, how can you work as the love you truly are? What changes do you need to make in your daily life-rituals so that love can radiate through your every breath, action, and relationship?” -David Deida
- “Knowing or feeling the deep openness of who you are is fairly easy; living as this openness, and serving all others to live as this love, in every moment through all appearances, is where the art is.” -David Deida.
- “Every man knows that his highest purpose in life cannot be reduced to any particular relationship a man prioritizes his relationship over his highest purpose. He weakens himself, disserves the universe, and cheats his woman of an authentic man who can offer his full, undivided presence.” -David Deida.
- “Men who have lived significant lives are men who never waited: not for money, security, ease, or women.” -David Deida.
- “Right now, and in every now-moment, you are either closing or opening you are either stressfully waiting for something – more money, security, affection – or you are living from your deep heart, opening as the entire moment, and giving what you most deeply desire to give, without waiting.” -David Deida.
- “The masculine grows by challenge, but the feminine grows by praise man must be unabashed and expressed in his appreciation for his woman Praise her freely.” -David Deida.
- “Knowing the Truth is Fairly Useless Feeling it is Profound Living it Makes All the Difference.” -David Deida.
- “Live with your lips pressed against your fears, kissing your fears, neither pulling back nor aggressively violating them.” -David Deida.
- “Your suffering is shaped exactly by your refusal to open.” -David Deida
- “Every moment waited is a moment wasted…” -David Deida
- “Spiritual practice is the capacity to offer your love even when you feel hurt, closed down, tense, angry, misunderstood, or hated.” -David Deida
- “The superior man is not seeking fulfillment through work and woman, because he is already full for him, work and intimacy are opportunities to give his gifts, and to have vanished in the bliss of giving.” -David Deida
- “Spend at least an hour today giving your fullest gift, whatever that is for today, so that when you go to sleep at night, you know you couldn’t have lived your day with more courage, creativity, and giving.” -David Deida
- “Masculine anger is always because you are feeling constrained, trapped by life Feminine anger is always because you are feeling unloved.” -David Deida
- “You should do whatever feels right in your deepest heart feel deep as consciousness, open as water, now, and feel how to live with a wide-open heart feel how to live as love without bondage.” -David Deida.
- “If you are waiting for anything to live and love without holding back, then you suffer Every moment is the most important moment of your life No future time is better than now to let down your guard and love.” -David Deida.
- “But if we are delighted inside, then age brings with it a maturity, a depth, and a power that only magnifies our radiance.” -David Deida.
- “If knowing the truth is sufficient for you, then practice the art of philosophy only living the truth will suffice, then practice the art of love through your mind, your emotions, and your body.” -David Deida.
- “Only when the front of your body is relaxed and opened, your breath full and deep, and your gaze unguarded and directly connected with another person’s eyes, can your fullest intelligence manifest spontaneously in the situation.” -David Deida.
- “Even when your relationship is painful, even when you feel hurt, you can practice opening your heart you can practice love This is the foundation of Intimate Communion: to practice opening your heart in every moment, including when you feel hurt Rather than turn away or close down, you can practice loving.” -David Deida.
- “Everything in your life, from your diet to your career, must be aligned with your purpose if you are to act with coherence and integrity in the world If, you know your purpose, your deepest desire, then the secret of success is to discipline your life so that you support your deepest purpose and minimize distractions and detours.” -David Deida.
- “The most loving women are the women who will test you the most she wants you to be your fullest, most magnificent selfShe won’t settle for anything less She knows it is true of you She knows in your deepest heart you are free, you are Shiva Anything less than that she will torment And, as you know, she’s quite good at it.” -David Deida.
- “A fearful man who knows he is fearful is far more trustable than a fearful man who isn’t aware of his fear.” -David Deida.
- “You must listen to your woman more as an oracle than as an advisor.” -David Deida.
- “The real practice of love goes beyond satisfaction and dissatisfaction Wallowing in pleasure can be just as limiting as wallowing in pain if you don’t open your heart beyond the satisfaction of your personal emotional needs.” -David Deida.
- “By leaning just beyond your fear, you challenge your limits compassionately, without trying to escape the feeling of fear itself You steps beyond the solid ground of security with an open heart You stand in the space of unknowingness, raw and awake Here, the gravity of deep being will attend you to the only place where fear is obsolete: the eternal free fall of home Where you always are Own your fear, and lean just beyond itIn every aspect of your life Starting now.” -David Deida.
- “Infinite Love is who we really are and who we refuse to be this refusal is our most essential tension.” -David Deida.
- “A life lived well embraces death by feeling open, from the heart to all, in every moment Wide open, you can offer without holding back, you can receive without pushing away.” -David Deida.
- “Almost everything you do, you do because you are afraid to die And, yet dying is exactly what you are doing, from the moment you are born Two hours of absorption in a good Super Bowl telecast may distract you temporarily, but the fact remains You were born as a sacrifice And you can either participate in the sacrifice, dissolving in the giving of your gift, or you can resist it, which is your suffering.” -David Deida.
- “How do you react with your body, breath, and eyes? Notice if you react to a person or situation that hurts you by withdrawing, hiding, or closing in on yourself notice if there are times when you find it difficult to look into someone’s eyes, or times your chest and solar plexus become tense and contracted these are signs of an unskillful reaction to hurt.” -David Deida.
- “Anyone who separates being and doing is still enjoying separation.” -David Deida.
- “Praise is literal food for feminine qualities you want your woman to grow in her radiance health, happiness, love, beauty, power and depth, praise these qualities Praise them daily A number of times.” -David Deida.
- “You can ravish your woman so deeply that her surrender breaks your heart into light.” -David Deida.
- “The way a man penetrates the world should be the same way he penetrates his woman: not merely for personal gain or pleasure, but to magnify love, openness, and depth.” -David Deida
- “A man with a weak Masculine is especially prone to despise and fear these qualities and may attempt to suppress the more destructive elements of the Feminine force in his partner.” -David Deida.
- “Your heart knows the truth of openness and suffers the tense lie of your closure.” -David Deida.
- “You’ll never get what you really want you can do is give what you really want!” -David Deida.
- “The positive and negative poles of a battery create an electrical flow masculine and feminine poles between people create a flow of sexual energy in motion.” -David Deida.
- “Your close men friends should be willing to challenge your mediocrity by suggesting a concrete action you can perform that will pop you out of your rut. One way or the other And you must be willing to offer them your brutal honesty, in the same way, if you are all to grow.” -David Deida.
- “Your every act can open hearts and minds.” -David Deida
- “Instant enlightenment is to give all your happiness away to others.” -David Deida
- “The energy that moves life is the force of the FeminineShe is unstoppable he is the source of all life, the mover of blood, the breather of breath, the flow of the river’s water The Feminine is lifeWe can feel Her moving and living in any moment we are open to Her, or as Her.” -David Deida
- “If your purpose is to liberate yourself and others into love and freedom, then you should do whatever magnifies the love and freedom in your life and in the lives of whom your actions affect.” -David Deida
- “Make your own decision, based on your deepest intuitive wisdom and knowledge You may make the right decision or the wrong one, but whatever happens, it is your best shot, and you will strengthen your capacity for future action.” -David Deida
- “Chronic dissatisfaction is how you sense that you are living a lie.” -David Deida
- “Just remember that self-discipline is not self-suppression Suppression is when you resist and fight against your desires, keeping them as buried and unexpressed as possible Self-discipline is when your highest desires rule your lesser desires, not through resistance, but through loving action grounded in understanding and compassion.” -David Deida
- “You are either withholding your love in fear or giving your deepest gifts.” -David Deida
- “By learning to open your heart and body while embracing and trusting all energies, from rough ravishment to sublime gentleness, you can open to be lived by the mystery that lives the entire universe.” -David Deida
- “When fear dissolves, you no longer separate yourself from this single flow of immense force Love is continuity with infinite life force, a Oneness of being with no separation Love is the key to opening to this flow of life force.” -David Deida.
- “Thank God for such women, who make no apologies for their oceanic depth and riptides of emotion.” -David Deida.
- “Successfully completing a lesser purpose doesn’t feel good very good for very long, because it is simply preparation for advancing toward a greater embodiment of your deeper purpose.” -David Deida.
- “Whatever is your present experience, you can recognize the spaciousness that allows it to beYou are this spaciousness, this awareness, this love deeper love and more spacious awareness is the best lesson you can get from any experience.” -David Deida.
- “When you are in love with a man or a woman, the love you feel does not come from him or her; it is the love flowing from your own heart that you feel Your partner is simply giving you an excuse to love Love is always found flowing in your heart, not in your family, lover, career or art.” -David Deida.
- “We’re here to learn how to worship consciousness and radiance, evoke it in each other, and tolerate nothing less than our deepest love.” -David Deida.
- “One misunderstanding is that if you do the right thing, then life’s storms will stopIf you do the right thing, the storms actually get bigger this is because they know they can’t blow you down like they used to, and now it’s going to take a lot more energy to find out if you are conscious.” -David Deida.
- “We eventually learn that emotional closure is our own action We and can be responsible for it in any moment. We can choose to open or to close.” -David Deida.
- “Your fear is the sharpest definition of yourself self You should know you should feel it virtually constantly Fear needs to become your friend so that you are no longer uncomfortable with it.” -David Deida.
- “As long as life continues, the creative challenge is to tussle, play, and make love with the present moment while giving your unique gift.” -David Deida.
- “The way you relate to your woman’s chaos reflects the way you react to the chaos of the world. If you are the kind of man who needs everything placed neatly in its nice little box, then you will also try to box your woman’s emotions, If you are the kind of man who would rather hire other people to take care of the chaos in your attic, or the chaos of your finances, you would probably also rather leave it to someone else to take care of the chaos of your woman.” -David Deida.
- “Intimacy is about growing more than you could by yourself, through the art of mutual gifting.” -David Deida.
David Deida is an internationally renowned teacher of the integrative practice of attention, energy, and essence for men and women who want to realize and sustain a deeply satisfying way of life.
In the words of David Deida, “It is time for us to evolve beyond the conventional wisdom about sex, love, and relationship, which is based on fear, scarcity, and separation, to a new mind-set based on trust, abundance, and union.” The following are quotes from David Deida that summarize his teaching:Hope you enjoyed these Famous Quotes, Share these HappyLives360 Quotes with your friends and family.