No single Edwin Hubbell Chapin quote stands out as being more famous or influential than any other. However, several of his quotes have resonated with people over the years and have become quite popular.
Each of these quotes speaks to a different aspect of life, but all three together give a pretty good overview of Chapin’s views on life. He believed that we all have a role in shaping our destinies, but that force also influences us outside of ourselves. It’s an inspiring message that has resonated with many people over the years.
Eckhart Tolle Quotes On Acceptance
- If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place.
- Life isn’t as serious as the mind makes it out to be.
- Awareness is the greatest agent for change.
- Rather than being your thoughts and emotions, be the awareness behind them.
- Being spiritual has nothing to do with what you believe and everything to do with your state of consciousness.
- It is not uncommon for people to spend their whole life waiting to start living.
- If you live only in one culture for the first 20 years of your life, you become conditioned without knowing it.
- Living up to an image that you have of yourself or that other people have of you is inauthentic living.
- Life is the dancer and you are the dance.
- The past has no power over the present moment.
- Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.
- Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have. Make the NOW the primary focus of your life.
- The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it.
- It is through gratitude for the present moment that the spiritual dimension of life opens up.
- Even the most seemingly unpleasant situations – if you become aligned with it, something good will emerge from that.
Eckhart Tolle Quotes Present Moment
- Don’t Seek Happiness. If you seek it, you won’t find it, because seeking is the antithesis of happiness.
- Was Jesus the son of God Yes. But so are you. You just haven’t realized it yet.
- Many people identify their sense of self with the problems they have, or think they have.
- So the single most vital step on your journey toward enlightenment is this learn to disidentify from your mind.
- If you are not living this moment, you are not really living.
- If there are people you haven’t forgiven, you’re not going to really awaken. You have to let go.
- You are not the voice in your mind, but the one who is aware of it.
- To love is to recognize yourself in another.
- Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on.
- The power for creating a better future is contained in the present moment You create a good future by creating a good present.
- People look to time in expectation that it will eventually make them happy, but you cannot find true happiness by looking toward the future.
- Don’t let a mad world tell you that success is anything other than a successful present moment.
- All negativity is caused by an accumulation of psychological time and denial of the present.
- “Don’t wait to be successful at some future point. Have a successful relationship with the present moment and be fully present in whatever you are doing. That is success.”
- Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.
- You can only lose something that you have, but you cannot lose something that you are.
- In today’s rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just being.
- You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.
- Whatever you fight, you strengthen, and what you resist, persists.
- What a liberation to realize that the ‘voice in my head’ is not who I am. ‘Who am I, then’
- Any action is often better than no action, especially if you have been stuck in an unhappy situation for a long time.
Eckhart Tolle Inner Peace Quotes
- If small things have the power to disturb you, then who you think you are is exactly that small.
- Pleasure is always derived from something outside you, whereas joy arises from within.
- “Die to the past every moment. You don’t need it. Only refer to it when it is absolutely relevant to the present. Feel the power of this moment and the fullness of Being. Feel your presence.”
- People don’t realize that now is all there ever is; there is no past or future except as memory or anticipation in your mind.
- Most people treat the present moment as if it were an obstacle that they need to overcome. Since the present moment is life itself, it is an insane way to live.
- Accept – then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it.
- Discontent, blaming, complaining, self-pity cannot serve as a foundation for a good future, no matter how much effort you make.
- I’m grateful for always this moment, the now, no matter what form it takes.
Eckhart Tolle Quotes On Letting Go
- All the things that truly matter — beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace — arise from beyond the mind.
- What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.
- Death is a stripping away of all that is not you. The secret of life is to ‘die before you die’ — and find that there is no death.
- The more you live in the present moment, the more the fear of death disappears.
- Instead of asking “what do I want from life?” A more powerful question is, “what does life want from me?”
- Being must be felt. It can’t be thought.
- Worry pretends to be necessary but serves no useful purpose.
- Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.
- Anything that you resent and strongly react to in another is also in you.
Eckhart Tolle is a philosopher and spiritual teacher known for his teachings on the power of now and inner peace. His famous quotes on love, life, and happiness are presented below.Hope you enjoyed these Famous Quotes, Share these HappyLives360 Quotes with your friends and family.