No single Edwin Hubbell Chapin quote stands out as being more famous or influential than any other. However, several of his quotes have resonated with people over the years and have become quite popular. Some of these include:
Each of these quotes speaks to a different aspect of life, but all three together give a pretty good overview of Chapin’s views on life. He believed that we all have a role in shaping our destinies, but that force also influences us outside of ourselves. It’s an inspiring message that has resonated with many people over the years.
Motivational Edwin Hubbell Chapin Quotes
- “The essence of justice is mercy.”- Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “Every action in our lives touches on some chord that will vibrate in eternity.” – Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “Goodness consists not in the outward things we do, but in the inward thing we are.”- Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “Do not judge from mere appearances…” – Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “Conscience is its own readiest accuser.”- Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “No language can express the power, and beauty, and heroism, and majesty of a mother’s love. It shrinks not where man cowers, and grows stronger where man faints, and over wastes of worldly fortunes sends the radiance of its quenchless fidelity like a star.”- Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “The city an epitome of the social world. All the belts of civilization intersect along its avenues. It contains the products of every moral zone. It is cosmopolitan, not only in a national, but a spiritual sense.”- Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “It is as bad to clip conscience as to clip coin; it is as bad to give a counterfeit statement as a counterfeit bill.”- Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “The conservative may clamor against reform, but he might as well clamor against the centrifugal force. He sighs for the “good old times,”–he might as well wish the oak back into the acorn.”- Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “Christ saw much in this world to weep over, and much to pray over; but He saw nothing in it to look upon with contempt.”- Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “The city reveals the moral ends of being, and sets the awful problem of life. The country soothes us, refreshes us, lifts us up with religious suggestion.”- Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “Never does the human soul appear so strong as when it foregoes revenge and dares to forgive an injury.”- Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “The great secret of success is to go through life without dreading failure.” – Edwin Hubbell Chapin.
This is one of my favorite Edwin Hubbell Chapin quotes because it motivates me to keep going even when things get tough. We all face trials and tribulations in life, but it’s important to remember that failure is not the end. We learn valuable lessons that help us grow stronger and wiser each time we fall. So don’t be afraid to take risks and aim high – you might surprise yourself with what you can achieve!
- “It is not failure itself which stands in our way, but the fear of failure.” – Edwin Hubbell Chapin.
These words from Edwin Hubbell Chapin ring valid for so many of us. We let the fear of failure keep us from achieving our goals and living our best lives. But what if we let go of that fear? What could we accomplish?
Chapin was a 19th-century American minister and author who fought for social reform. He believed that everyone had the potential to achieve great things, regardless of their background or circumstances. And he was right.
So many people have overcome great odds to achieve success. If they can do it, why can’t we? It’s time to let go of our fears and embrace our potential. After all, as Chapin said, “the only real failure is the one from which we learn nothing.”
Encouraging Edwin Hubbell Chapin Quotes
- “Do not judge men by mere appearances; for the light laughter that bubbles on the lip often mantles over the depths of sadness, and the serious look may be the sober veil that covers a divine peace and joy.”- Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “No more duty can be urged upon those who are entering the great theater of life than simple loyalty to their best convictions.”- Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “We have not the innocence of Eden; but by God’s help and Christ’s example we may have the victory of Gethsemane.”- Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “Those old ages are like the landscape that shows best in purple distance, all verdant and smooth, and bathed in mellow light.”- Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “There must be something beyond man in this world. Even on attaining to his highest possibilities, he is like a bird beating against his cage. There is something beyond, O deathless like a sea-shell, moaning for the bosom of the ocean to which you belong!”- Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “Death, is not an end, but a transition crisis. All the forms of decay are but masks of regeneration–the secret alembics of vitality.”- Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “Honor to the idealists, whether philosophers or poets. They have improved us by mingling with our daily pursuits great and transcendent conceptions. They have thrown around our sensual life the grandeur of a better, and drawn us up from contacts with the temporal and the selfish to communion with beauty and truth and goodness.” – Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “Is there anything so wretched as to look at a man of fine abilities doing nothing?”- Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “Death makes a beautiful appeal to charity. When we look upon the dead form, so composed and still, the kindness and the love that are in us all come forth.”- Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “Impatience dries the blood sooner than age or sorrow.”- Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “In this world the inclination to do things is of more importance than the mere power.”- Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “We move too much in platoons; we march by sections; we do not live in our vital individuality enough; we are slaves to fashion, in mind and in heart, if not to our passions and appetites.”- Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “Why, man of idleness, labor has rocked you in the cradle, and nourished your pampered life; without it, the woven silk and the wool upon your bank would be in the shepherd’s fold. For the meanest thing that ministers to human want, save the air of heaven, man is indebted to toil; and even the air, in God’s wise ordination, is breathed with labor.”- Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “The individual and the race are always moving, and as we drift into new latitudes new lights open in the heaven more immediately over us.”- Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “It is not enjoined upon us to forget, but we are told to forgive, our enemies.”- Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “Christianity has made martyrdom sublime, and sorrow triumphant.”- Edwin Hubbel Chapin
Edwin Hubbell Chapin was a minister, author, and editor known for his work against social injustice and commercial greed. Edwin Hubbell Chapin was an American minister, author, and editor. He was known for his work against social injustice and commercial greed. He was also a strong advocate for women’s rights and labor reform.Hope you enjoyed these Famous Quotes, Share these HappyLives360 Quotes with your friends and family.