Elizabeth Gilbert is an amazing author who has written many fantastic books. One of her most famous quotes is, “For me, love is a feeling of expansive all-inclusiveness.” This quote resonates because it encompasses much more than just romantic love. When I think about my life’s loves, my friends, family, animals, and even hobbies, they all make me happy and whole.
Another of Elizabeth Gilbert’s quotes is, “All creative people have to trust at some point that what they feel matters. This describes the entire creative process: You have an idea, get scared, and then do it anyway.” This is such an actual quote for anyone who wants to be creative. So often, we get bogged down in self-doubt and worry that our actions aren’t good enough. But if we can push through that and trust our instincts, we can create something unique.
Elizabeth Gilbert has many great quotes on love, creativity, happiness, and transformation. She is truly inspiring for anyone who wants to live a fuller, more creative life.
Motivational Elizabeth Gilbert Quotes
- “Tis’ better to live your own life imperfectly than to imitate someone else’s perfectly.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Balance is not letting anyone love you less than you love yourself.”
- “Stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Do not apologize for crying. Without this emotion, we are only robots.”
- “Being content with what you have already is an art form that leads to a peace that can’t be replaced by anything else.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Being content with what you have already is an art form that leads to a peace that can’t be replaced by anything else.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert Quotes
- “Success isn’t about acquiring things, it’s about discovering your life purpose and following the call” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “I’m here. I love you. I don’t care if you need to stay up crying all night long, I will stay with you… There’s nothing you can ever do to lose my love. I will protect you until you die, and after your death I will still protect you. I am stronger than Depression and I am braver than Loneliness and nothing will ever exhaust me.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “I’ve never seen any life transformation that didn’t begin with the person in question finally getting tired of their own bullshit.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “What are you willing to give up, in order to become who you really need to be?” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow – this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “I would like to spend the rest of my days in a place so silent–and working at a pace so slow–that I would be able to hear myself living.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Everything good I’ve ever gotten in life, I only got because I gave something else up.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “You were given life; it is your duty (and also your entitlement as a human being) to find something beautiful within life, no matter how slight.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Writing is not like dancing or modeling; it’s not something where-if you missed it by age 19-you’re finished. It’s never too late. Your writing will only get better as you get older and wiser. If you write something beautiful and important, and the right person somehow discovers it, they will clear room for you on the bookshelves of the world at any age. At least try.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert Quotes
- “God dwells within you, as you.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Your only job in this lifetime is to find out who you are.” -Elizabeth Gilbert.
We are all on a journey to finding ourselves. It is the one job we are all meant to do in this life and the most important thing we will ever do. We’ll make mistakes along the way, but that’s okay. They’re part of the journey. Every experience, good and bad, helps us to become who we are meant to be. So don’t give up and keep searching for your true self. You’ll find her eventually, and she’s worth the wait.
Famous Elizabeth Gilbert Quotes
- “There is so much about my fate that I cannot control, but other things do fall under my jurisdiction. There are certain lottery tickets I can buy, thereby increasing my odds of finding contentment. I can decide how I spend my time, whom I interact with, whom I share my body and life and money and energy with.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “At some point, you gotta let go, and sit still, and allow contentment to come to you.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Imagine that the universe is a great spinning engine. You want to stay near the core of the thing – right in the hub of the wheel – not out at the edges where all the wild whirling takes place, where you can get frayed and crazy. The hub of calmness – that’s your heart. That’s where God lives within you. So stop looking for answers in the world. Just keep coming back to that center and you’ll always find peace.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “If you’re going to answer the call and you’re going to transform and you’re going to change, get ready. It is not a day at the beach.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “If you’re brave enough to leave behind everything familiar and comforting, which can be anything from your house to bitter, old resentments, and set out on a truth-seeking journey, either externally or internally, and if you are truly willing to regard everything that happens to you on that journey as a clue and if you accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher and if you are prepared, most of all, to face and forgive some very difficult realities about yourself, then the truth will not be withheld from you.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “The world is like a dropped pie most of the time. Don’t kill yourself trying to put it back together. Just grab a fork and eat some of it off the floor. Then carry on.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “The resting place of the mind is the heart. The only thing the mind hears all day is clanging bells and noise and argument, and all it wants is quietude. The only place the mind will ever find peace is inside the silence of the heart. That’s where you need to go.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “We all want things to stay the same. Settle for living in misery because we are afraid of change, of things crumbling to ruins. Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “I’m choosing happiness over suffering, I know I am. I’m making space for the unknown future to fill up my life with yet-to-come surprises.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “a woman’s place is in the kitchen…sitting in a comfortable chair, with her feet up, drinking a glass of wine and watching her husband cook dinner.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “I decide every day that I love Creativity enough to accept that Fear will always come with it. And I talk to Fear all the time, speaking to it with love and respect, saying to it: “I know that you are Fear, and that your job is to be afraid. And you do your job really well! I will never ask you to leave me alone or to be silent, because you have a right to speak your own voice, and I know that you will never leave me alone or be silent, anyhow. But I need you to understand that I will always choose Creativity over you.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “There is hardly a more gracious gift that we can offer somebody than to accept them fully, to love them almost despite themselves.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “I am stronger than depression and I am braver than loneliness and nothing will ever exhaust me.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Creativity itself doesn’t care at all about results – the only thing it craves is the process. Learn to love the process and let whatever happens next happen, without fussing too much about it. Work like a monk, or a mule, or some other representative metaphor for diligence. Love the work. Destiny will do what it wants with you, regardless.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “A true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
Elizabeth Gilbert is a fantastic writer and thinker; her quotes on love, creativity, happiness, and transformation are genuinely inspiring.Hope you enjoyed these Famous Quotes, Share these HappyLives360 Quotes with your friends and family.