“A dream is only a dream until you decide to make it real.” This Ella Fitzgerald quote perfectly encapsulates what it takes to turn your hopes and aspirations into reality. While it’s important to have big dreams, it’s equally important to take the necessary steps to make them come true.
For Fitzgerald, music was her passion and her life’s work. But she didn’t just sit around waiting for success to come to her – she actively pursued it, making a name for herself as one of the greatest jazz singers of all time.
If you’re looking for motivation to pursue your dreams, look no further than Ella Fitzgerald. Her quotes on life and love will inspire you to follow your heart and pursue your passions. So what are you waiting for? It’s time to make your dreams a reality!
Motivational Ella Fitzgerald Quotes
- “There is no voice like that lady. She has it all. She’s complete.”- Louie Bellson
- “Man, woman or child, Ella is the greatest of them all.”- Bing Crosby.
- “Summertime, and the livin’ is easy”- Ella Fitzgerald
- “You take romance – I’ll take Jell-O.”- Ella Fitzgerald, ‘A Fine Romance’.
- “Music is the universal language… it brings people closer together.”- Ella Fitzgerald.
- “I sang because I was too nervous to dance.”- Ella Fitzgerald.
- “I never was cut out to step and strut out. Give me the simple life.”- Ella Fitzgerald.
- “I’m going to try to find out the new ideas before the others do.”- Ella Fitzgerald.
- “I stole everything I ever heard, but mostly I stole from the horns.”- Ella Fitzgerald.
- “Life can be so sweet On the sunny side of the street”- Ella Fitzgerald,
- “No one in the world can beat Ella Fitzgerald as a riff singer.”- Ethel Waters.
- “Into each life, some rain must fall.”- Ella Fitzgerald.
- “Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.”- Ella Fitzgerald.
- “It isn’t where you came from, it’s where you’re going that counts.”- Ella Fitzgerald.
- “I used to be very self-conscious. I used to wish I was pretty.”- Ella Fitzgerald.
- “Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do.”- Ella Fitzgerald.
- “I sing like I feel.”- Ella Fitzgerald.
- “When I’m on stage I feel at home.”- Ella Fitzgerald.
- “Everybody wants to know about my style and how it came about. It’s no big secret. It’s the way I feel.”- Ella Fitzgerald.
Famous Ella Fitzgerald Quotes
“A self-taught musician, Fitzgerald began her career singing in small nightclubs in Harlem. She became prominent in the mid-1930s with her breakthrough performance at the Cotton Club in New York City. Her style combined an ethereal quality with impeccable diction and a wide vocal range encompassing jazz and blues.”
“Though often referred to as the First Lady of Song, Fitzgerald was a reluctant performer who preferred to be seen as a serious musician rather than a popular entertainer. She said, ‘My main purpose in living is to be a good musician. I always feel that if I could do that, I could do anything.’ And she did that, becoming one of the most celebrated vocalists of all time.”
“Fitzgerald’s recordings charted a spectacular course through American popular music over the next several decades, beginning with her scorching rendition of ‘A-Tisket A-Tasket,’ which became one of the biggest hits of 1938. She continued to produce classic recordings throughout her career, including such standards as ‘Night and Day,’ ‘Cheek to Cheek,’ and ‘Lady Sings the Blues.'”
“In addition to her many musical achievements, Ella Fitzgerald was also a tireless crusader for racial equality and social justice. She was active in the civil rights movement, using her platform to speak against segregation and racism. In later years, she became an ardent supporter of gay.
- “Noticing the days hurrying by; when you’re in love, my how they fly!”- Ella Fitzgerald, ‘Blue Skies’.
- “I have been rich, and I have been poor. Believe me baby, rich is better!”- Ella Fitzgerald.
- “Blue skies, smiling at me, nothing but blue skies, Do I see.”- Ella Fitzgerald, ‘Blue Skies’.
- “Oh, I have gobs and gobs of ideas, but… well, you dream things like that, and that’s what these are, you know – my daydreams.”- Ella Fitzgerald.
- “She has been more famous, over a longer time span, than any other female singer.”- Leonard Feather.
- “I also met, early on Ella Fitzgerald. Her songbooks are some of the most amazing bodies of work.”- Johnny Mathis.
- “I have a fondness for Jazz, particularly for Jazz singers, Billie Holiday and Ella Fitzgerald all the way through the Sinatra era.”- Bob Iger.
- “She has been one of my all-time favorite singers for many years and still is – she’s terrific.”- Perry Como.
- “Every other singer, male or female, if they’re lucky, they listen to Ella.”- Pat Boone.
- “The best way to start any musical evening is with this girl. It don’t get better than this.”- Frank Sinatra.
- “Ella’s voice becomes the orchestra’s richest and most versatile sound.”- Arthur Fiedler.
- “I was there from the beginning, and it was obvious from the start what she had that night at the Apollo. My goodness, what she’s done with it.”- Benny Carter.
Ella Fitzgerald Quotes On Love & Life
“The only thing better than singing is more singing.” -Ella Fitzgerald.
This quote by the legendary jazz singer Ella Fitzgerald perfectly sums up what it means to be a musician. To be a musician is to have a never-ending desire to create and perform music. It is to be driven by an unquenchable passion for the art form.
For Ella Fitzgerald, singing was her life. She was one of her generation’s most prolific and influential vocalists, and she left an indelible mark on the world of music. Her voice was light and airy, yet possessed a depth and power that could command any room. She could swing with the best of them, but she also had a rare ability to convey emotion through her lyrics.
When she sang, she made people believe every word she said. That is the mark of a true artist. And that is why Ella Fitzgerald will always be remembered as one of the greatest singers of all time.
- “Music comes out of her. When she walks down the street, she leaves notes.”- Jimmy Rowles.
- “One of my biggest musical influences is definitely Ella Fitzgerald as a vocalist.”- Elle Varner.
- “I’m very shy, and I shy away from people. But the moment I hit the stage, it’s a different feeling, I get the nerve from somewhere; maybe it’s because it’s something I love to do.”- Ella Fitzgerald.
- “A lot of singers think all they have to do is exercise their tonsils to get ahead. They refuse to look for new ideas and new outlets, so they fall by the wayside.- Ella Fitzgerald.
- “Forgive me if I don’t have all the words. Maybe I can sing it and you’ll understand.”- Ella Fitzgerald.
- “The only thing better than singing is more singing.”- Ella Fitzgerald.
- “Some kids in Italy call me Mama Jazz; I thought that was so cute. As long as they don’t call me Grandma Jazz.”- Ella Fitzgerald.
- “A house that rings with joy and laughter, and the ones you love inside.”- Ella Fitzgerald.
- “It isn’t where you came from; it’s where you’re going that counts.”- Ella Fitzgerald.
- “Our love is as deep as the sea, our love is as great as a love can be, and we can weather the great unknown, if we’re alone together.”- Ella Fitzgerald, ‘Alone Together’.
- “I did a film called ‘Puccini For Beginners,’ which was a romantic comedy, and I always wanted to do more, but I kept doing drama.”- Ella Fitzgerald.
- “I don’t want to say the wrong thing, which I always do. I think I do better when I sing.”- Ella Fitzgerald.
- “All I did was sing ‘How High The Moon.’ It seemed like the only song I ever sang.”- Ella Fitzgerald.
Above are just a few beautiful quotes Ella Fitzgerald has given us throughout her lifetime. As one of the most prolific and well-loved jazz singers of all time, Ms. Fitzgerald’s words hold a lot of weight. And what she says about life and love especially resonates with many people.
Her first quote encourages us to never give up on love, even when things get tough. And her second quote reminds us that life itself is hard enough- we must take each day one at a time.
But her most famous quote is the third one- about how being loved is great, but being able to love someone too. That’s even better.
Because, in the end, what really matters is not what we get from life- but what we give back. And Ella Fitzgerald certainly gave a lot back during her lifetime.
We can all learn a lot from her sage advice. So next time you’re feeling down.Hope you enjoyed these Famous Quotes, Share these HappyLives360 Quotes with your friends and family.