The following hypocritical quotes encourage self-reflection to help us become better humans.
The world is full of people telling you what to do, but few will actually do it themselves. It’s easy to be a hypocrite, to sit back and judge others while not looking at our own faults. We all have blind spots, and sometimes we need someone to point them out. Other times, we’re well aware of our hypocrisy but don’t care.
We rationalize it by telling ourselves that we’re not as bad as so-and-so. Hypocrisy is alive and well in our world today. Just turn on the news or scroll through social media, and you’ll see it on display. Whether it’s politicians, celebrities, or your friends and family, there’s no shortage of hypocrites.
Look no further if you’re looking for some hypocritical quotes to help point out the hypocrisy in your world. These quotes will help you call out the hypocrites in your life and make them think twice about their words and actions.
Hypocrite Quotes for the Human Heart
- “The greatest enemy of progress is not stagnation, but hypocrisy.” – Eric Hoffer.
- “If you’re not a part of the solution, you’re a part of the problem.” – Eldridge Cleaver.
- “Nobody likes a hypocrite, and nobody likes being one either.” – Unknown
- “A hypocrite despises those whom he deceives.” – Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- “Hypocrisy is not only bad for the soul, but it’s also bad for digestion.” – Unknown
- “A Hypocrite is the kind of person who would criticize you for doing something wrong while they are doing it themselves. –Unknown
Quotes About Hypocrisy
A hypocrite is someone who says one thing but does another. They might claim to have specific values or beliefs, but their actions betray those words. Actions. Hypocrites can be found in all walks of life – from politicians to friends, family, and co-workers. While it’s easy to spot a hypocrite, it’s not always easy to deal with them. These quotes about hypocrisy will help you understand this problematic personality type a little better and guide you on how to best deal with them.
- “Hypocrites are like ghosts: they haunt everyone, but only themselves can see them.” – Shannon L. Alder.
- “The worst hypocrites are those who preach most virtue.” – Francois de La Rochefoucauld.
- “No one is more arrogant toward women, more aggressive or scornful, than the man who is afraid of them.” – Simone de Beauvoir.
- “The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be.” – Socrates.
- “If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” – Mark Twain.
- “The only thing worse than a liar is a hypocrite.” –Terence.
- “A hypocrite is the kind of person who would blame you for their own shortcomings.” – Unknown.
- “The worst part about being a hypocrite is that you don’t even realize it.” – Unknown.
- “A hypocrite sees the truth but chooses to ignore it.” – William Blake.
Best Hypocrisy Quotes
A hypocrite pretends to have morals, values, or beliefs that they do not actually have. Many people are quick to judge others for being hypocrites, but we all have moments when we are hypocritical. It’s human nature. The next time you catch yourself being a hypocrite, embrace it and own up to it. Then check out these quotes about the hypocrisy that will make you think twice about being judgmental.
- “A hypocritical society expects everyone to conform but criticizes anyone who does.” – Unknown.
- “The world is full of nice people. If you can’t find one, be one.” – Unknown.
- “Hypocrites are like onions; the more you peel them, the more they stink.” – Unknown.
- “The only way to combat evil is with good.” – Unknown
- “If you can’t take your own advice, maybe you shouldn’t be giving it.” – Unknown
- “Actions speak louder than words.” – Unknown