John C. Maxwell is a world-renowned speaker, author, and pastor who has written extensively on leadership.
Throughout his career, he has provided powerful insights and advice on what it takes to be a successful leader.
His quotes on leadership, life, success, change, growth, and relationships are some of the most popular and widely shared worldwide. Here are John C. Maxwell’s most memorable quotes:
Motivational John C Maxwell Quotes
- “A leader who produces other leaders multiplies their influences.” John C. Maxwell
- “Leaders must be close enough to relate to others, but far enough ahead to motivate them.” John C. Maxwell
- “If you wouldn’t follow yourself, why should anyone else?” John C. Maxwell
- “All true leaders have learned to say no to the good in order to say yes to the best.” John C. Maxwell
- “The best leaders are humble enough to realize their victories depend upon their people.” John C. Maxwell
- “It’s not the position that makes the leader; it’s the leader that makes the position.” John C. Maxwell
- “A successful person finds the right place for himself. But a successful leader finds the right place for others. John C. Maxwell
- “Real leadership is being the person others will gladly and confidently follow.” John C. Maxwell
- “When the leader lacks confidence, the followers lack commitment.” John C. Maxwell
- “A great leader’s courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position.” John C. Maxwell
- “Your ultimate goal as a leader should be to work hard enough and strategically enough that you have more than enough to give and share with others.” John C. Maxwell
- “Great leaders always seem to embody two seemingly disparate qualities. They are both highly visionary and highly practical.” John C. Maxwell
- “The higher you want to climb, the more you need leadership. The greater the impact you want to make, the greater your influence needs to be.” John C. Maxwell
- “Good leaders know when to display emotions and when to delay them.” John C. Maxwell
- “Do you know the difference between leaders, followers, and losers? Leaders stretch with challenges. Followers struggle with challenges. Losers shrink from challenges.” John C. Maxwell
- “Most good leaders want the perspective of people they trust.” John C. Maxwell
- “To lead any way other than by example, we send a fuzzy picture of leadership to others. If we work on improving ourselves first and make that our primary mission, then others are more likely to follow.” John C. Maxwell
- “When leaders fail to empower others, it is usually due to three main reasons: . Desire for Job Security . Resistance to Change . Lack of Self-Worth.” John C. Maxwell
Famous John C Maxwell Quotes
John C. Maxwell is a well-known speaker, author, and pastor who has written many books on leadership.
He is also the founder of INJOY, which provides resources and training for leaders worldwide. Maxwell’s book, The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership, he outlines 21 laws that are essential for effective leadership.
One of these laws is the Law of Attraction, which states that “people are attracted to leaders who attract them.” This law is based on the principle that we are drawn to people who radiate positive energy and make us feel good about ourselves. When we feel good about ourselves, we are more likely to follow that person’s lead.
Maxwell’s quote on the Law of Attraction is simple but powerful: “You will never achieve success if you keep looking for it outside yourself.” In other words, you must first believe in yourself and your abilities before achieving success.
This doesn’t mean that you should be arrogant or cocky, but it does mean that you need to have faith in your own potential. Once you believe in yourself, anything becomes possible. So if you’re feeling stuck in life or like you’re not reaching your full potential, remember John C. Maxwell’s quote and take some time to reflect on what beliefs might be holding you back.
- “When people respect you as a person, they admire you. When they respect you as a friend, they love you. When they respect you as a leader, they follow you.” John C. Maxwell
- “Leadership has less to do with position than it does disposition.” John C. Maxwell
- “If you want to be the best leader you can possibly be, no matter how much or how little natural leadership talent you possess, you need to become a serving leader.” John C. Maxwell
- “Success for the leader is a single victory. However, when the protg experiences success, it becomes a double win.” John C. Maxwell
- “The challenge of leadership is to create change and facilitate growth.” John C. Maxwell
- “The measure of a leader is not the number of people who serve him but the number of people he serves.” John C. Maxwell
- “The rewards leaders give are counterbalanced by the results that their people give in return.” John C. Maxwell
- “If you can’t influence people, then they will not follow you. And if people won’t follow, you are not a leader. That’s the Law of Influence.” John C. Maxwell
- “Anyone can steer the ship, but it takes a leader to chart the course. Leaders who are good navigators are capable of taking their people just about anywhere.” John C. Maxwell
- “If you are a leader, the true measure of your success is not getting people to work. It’s not getting people to work hard. It is getting people to work hard together. That takes commitment.” John C. Maxwell
John C Maxwell Quotes On Success & Growth
- “If you want to be a leader, the good news is that you can do it. Everyone has the potential, but it isn’t accomplished overnight. It requires perseverance.” John C. Maxwell
- “If you really want to be an uncommon leader, you’re going to have to find a way to get much of your vision seen, implemented, and added to by others.” John C. Maxwell
- “Managers work with processes-leaders work with people.” John C. Maxwell
- “Everything rises and falls on leadership.” John C. Maxwell
- “Leadership is not about titles, positions or flowcharts. It is about one life influencing another.” John C. Maxwell
- “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” John C. Maxwell
- “The bottom line in leadership isn’t how far we advance ourselves but how far we advance others.” John C. Maxwell
- “A leader with confidence is a leader who brings out positive changes in people.” John C. Maxwell
- “As a leader, you will never get ahead until your people are behind you.” John C. Maxwell
- “Leaders who are effective are leaders who are disciplined in their daily lives.” John C. Maxwell
- “There are five nonnegotiable characteristics that every effective leader must have: a sense of calling, an ability to communicate, creativity in problem solving, generosity, and consistency.” John C. Maxwell
- “A leader is great, not because of his or her power, but because of his or her ability to empower others.” John C. Maxwell
- “The respect that leadership must have requires that one’s ethics be without question. A leader not only stays above the line between right and wrong, he stays well clear of the ‘gray areas.'” John C. Maxwell
These quotes encourage people to pursue their dreams and never give up. Commit to growing daily, placing more value in the process than events. Be willing to forego pleasure for opportunities, and dream big. Plan your priorities and give up some things to achieve greater success.Hope you enjoyed these Famous Quotes, Share these HappyLives360 Quotes with your friends and family.