John Lennon was an English musician and singer-songwriter who rose to fame as a co-founder of the Beatles.
He is widely considered one of the most influential music artists of the 20th century, and his life and work continue to be celebrated years after his untimely death.
Lennon was known for his peace activism and sometimes controversial statements on politics, religion, and personal relationships.
His quotes on life and happiness are some of the most memorable and inspirational words ever spoken. Here are just a few of John Lennon’s quotes on life and joy that will resonate with you long after you’ve read them.
- “Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.”
This quote is often cited as one of Lennon’s most famous because it perfectly captures the human condition. We often get so caught up in our daily lives and planning for the future that we forget to live in the present moment. This quote reminds you to slow down, take a breath, and enjoy your life as it unfolds.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy.’ They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
Happiness is indeed the key to life, according to John Lennon.
John Lennon Quotes About Life And Happiness
- I believe in everything until it’s disproved
- All we are saying is give peace a chance – John Lennon
- Love is the flower you’ve got to let grow – John Lennon
- Reality leaves a lot to the imagination – John Lennon
- We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections
- The more I see, the less I know for sure – John Lennon
- Love is like a precious plant
- Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted – John Lennon
- As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot – John Lennon
- Count your age by friends, not years Count your life by smiles, not tears – John Lennon
- A dream you dream alone is only a dream A dream you dream together is reality – John Lennon
- Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans – John Lennon
- Part of me suspects that I’m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I’m God Almighty – John Lennon
- If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there’d be peace – John Lennon
- Love is the answer, and you know that for sure; Love is a flower, you’ve got to let it grow – John Lennon
- You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one I hope someday you’ll join us And the world will live as one – John Lennon
Motivational John Lennon Quotes
Lennon was clearly a deep thinker and had a lot of insightful things to say about life and happiness. He believed that joy came from within and that we all have the power to create our own reality. His words continue to inspire people worldwide, and his legacy will certainly live on for many years to come.
- You don’t need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are You are what you are! – John Lennon
- If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect you can call me that… I believe in what I do, and I’ll say it – John Lennon
- My role in society, or any artist’s or poet’s role, is to try and express what we all feel
- It matters not who you love, where you love, why you love, when you love or how you love, it matters only that you love – John Lennon
- We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight – John Lennon
- When you do something noble and beautiful and nobody noticed, do not be sad For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle and yet most of the audience still sleeps – John Lennon
- There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love When we are afraid, we pull back from life
- When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance
- If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create
- Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life– John Lennon
- The thing the sixties did was to show us the possibilities and the responsibility that we all had
- It doesn’t matter how long my hair is or what colour my skin is or whether I’m a woman or a man – John Lennon
John Lennon was one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century. His work with the Beatles changed the face of popular music, and his solo career was equally groundbreaking. Lennon was also a highly quotable man with a knack for saying just what needed to be said. Here are some of his best quotes about life and happiness.
- “Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.”
This is one of Lennon’s most famous quotes and perfectly sums up his philosophy on life. It’s all about living in the moment and not getting too caught up in planning for the future.
- “You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.”
Lennon was a realist but also strongly believed in the power of positive thinking. This quote encourages you to never give up on your dreams, no matter how impossible they may seem.
- “Love is the answer, and you know that for sure; love is a flower, you’ve got to let it grow.”
Lennon believed that love was the most important thing in life. He wasn’t always successful in his relationships, but he knew that love was worth fighting for.
- “Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.”
This quote is from Lennon’s song “Imagine.”Hope you enjoyed these Famous Quotes, Share these HappyLives360 Quotes with your friends and family.