Mitch Albom is an American author, journalist, screenwriter, dramatist, radio and television broadcaster, and musician. His books have sold over 35 million copies worldwide. He has written seven best-selling works of fiction, including Tuesdays with Morrie and The Five People You Meet in Heaven. Albom’s latest work is Have a Little Faith: A True Story, published in 2009.
Albom was born in Passaic, New Jersey. His father died when Mitch was 10 years old, and his mother worked as a secretary to support the family. When Albom was 16, his family moved to Oak Park, Michigan; he graduated from Deerfield Academy in Deerfield, Massachusetts, in 1978 and from Brandeis University with a Bachelor of Arts degree cum laude in 1982.
Albom began his professional career as a sports writer for The Miami Herald; he then became a columnist for The Detroit Free Press in 1985. In 2013, he joined the Detroit newspaper The Athletic sports staff.
Motivational Mitch Albom Quotes
- There is no such thing as ‘too late’ in life. ~ Mitch Albom
- Don’t let go too soon, but don’t hold on too long. ~ Mitch Albom
- The secret to happiness…be satisfied and be grateful. ~ Mitch Albom
- All endings are also beginnings. We just don’t know it at the time. ~ Mitch Albom Quotes
- You can find something truly important in an ordinary minute. ~ Mitch Albom
- In order to move on, you must understand why you felt what you did and why you no longer need to feel it. ~ Mitch Albom
- The truth is, once you learn how to die, you learn how to live. ~ Mitch Albom
- When someone is in your heart, they’re never truly gone. They can come back to you, even at unlikely times. ~ Mitch Albom
- We all yearn for what we have lost. But sometimes, we forget what we have. ~ Mitch Albom
- The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning. ~ Mitch Albom
- Lost love is still love. It takes a different form, that’s all. You can’t see their smile or bring them food or tousle their hair or move them around a dance floor. But when those senses weaken another heightens. Memory. Memory becomes your partner. You nurture it. You hold it. You dance with it. ~ Mitch Albom
- Accept who you are; and revel in it. ~ Mitch Albom
- We need to forgive ourselves. For all the things we didn’t do. All the things we should have done. You can’t get stuck on the regrets of what should have happened. ~ Mitch Albom
- It’s such a shame to waste time. We always think we have so much of it. ~ Mitch Albom
- Accept what you are able to do and what you are not able to do. Accept the past as past, without denying it or discarding it. Learn to forgive yourself and to forgive others. Don’t assume that it’s too late to get involved. ~ Mitch Albom
Famous Mitch Albom Quotes
Albom said, “Our greatest gift is not found in what we do, but in why we do it.” This quote means that our purpose in life is more important than our accomplishments. Albom believes we should be motivated by our passions and values rather than by recognition or material gain.
This quote is significant because it reminds us to stay true to ourselves. Sometimes we can get caught up in what other people think or what society tells us is important. But at the end of the day, our innermost desires and motivations will sustain us.
- Death is the end of a lifetime, not the end of a relationship. ~ Mitch Albom
- As you grow, you learn more. If you stayed as ignorant as you were at twenty-two, you’d always be twenty-two. Aging is not just decay, you know. It’s growth. It’s more than the negative that you’re going to die, it’s the positive that you understand you’re going to die and that you live a better life because of it. ~ Mitch Albom
- But there’s a story behind everything. How a picture got on a wall. How a scar got on your face. Sometimes the stories are simple, and sometimes they are hard and heartbreaking. But behind all your stories is always your mother’s story, because hers is where yours begin. ~ Mitch Albom
- It is never too late or too soon. It is when it is supposed to be. ~ Mitch Albom
- …if you’re trying to show off for people at the top, forget it. They will look down on you anyhow. And if you’re trying to show off for people at the bottom, forget it. They will only envy you. Status will get you nowhere. Only an open heart will allow you to float equally between everyone.
- She had been so consumed with escaping her own misery, she hadn’t considered the misery she might inflict. ~ Mitch Albom
- One day spent with someone you love can change everything. ~ Mitch Albom
- When a baby comes into the world, its hands are clenched, right? Like this?” He made a fist. “Why? Because a baby not knowing any better, wants to grab everything, to say the whole world is mine. But when an old person dies, how does he do so? With his hands open. Why? Because he has learned his lesson.” “What lesson?” I asked. He stretched open his empty fingers. “We can take nothing with us. ~ Mitch Albom
- You can’t get stuck on what should have happened. That doesn’t help you. ~ Mitch Albom
- You see, you closed your eyes. That was the difference. Sometimes you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel. And if you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them, too–even when you’re in the dark. Even when you’re falling. ~ Mitch Albom
- Desire sets our compass, but real life steers our course. ~ Mitch Albom
- Having more does not keep you from wanting more. And if you always want more – to be richer, more beautiful, more well known – you are missing the bigger picture, and I can tell you from experience, happiness will never come ~ Mitch Albom
- there are a few rules I know to be true about love and marriage: If you don’t respect the other person, you’re gonna have a lot of trouble. If you don’t know how to compromise, you’re gonna have a lot of trouble. If you can’t talk openly about what goes on between you, you’re gonna have a lot of trouble. And if you don’t have a common set of values in life, you’re gonna have a lot of trouble. Your values must be alike.’ – Morrie Schwartz ~ Mitch Albom
- Try to imagine a life without timekeeping. You probably can’t. You know the month, the year, the day of the week. There is a clock on your wall or the dashboard of your car. You have a schedule, a calendar, a time for dinner or a movie. Yet all around you, timekeeping is ignored. Birds are not late. A dog does not check its watch. Deer do not fret over passing birthdays. an alone measures time. Man alone chimes the hour. And, because of this, man alone suffers a paralyzing fear that no other creature endures. A fear of time running out. ~ Mitch Albom
- Everyone is in such a hurry. People haven’t found meaning in their lives, so they’re running all the time looking for it. They think the next car, the next house, the next job. Then they find those things are empty, too, and they keep running. Once you start running, it’s hard to slow yourself down. ~ Mitch Albom
- Fear is how you lose your life…a little bit at a time…What we give to fear, we take away from…faith. ~ Mitch Albom
- Don’t cling to things because everything is impermanent. ~ Mitch Albom
- You have to start over. That’s what they say. But life is not a board game, and losing a loved one is never really “starting over.” More like “continuing without. ~ Mitch Albom
- Anger is a poison. It eats us inside. We think when we hate someone we hurt them, but hatred is a curved blade, and the harm we do to others we also do to ourselves. ~ Mitch Albom
- Heaven is always and forever around us and no soul remembered is ever really gone. ~ Mitch Albom
- Have you ever lost someone you love and wanted one more conversation, one more chance to make up for the time when you thought they would be here forever? If so, then you know you can go your whole life collecting days, and none will outweigh the one you wish you had back.
- Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone. ~ Mitch Albom
- Faith is about doing. You are how you act, not just how you believe. ~ Mitch Albom Quotes
- When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth. ~ Mitch Albom
- We are too involved in materialistic things, and they don’t satisfy us. The loving relationships we have, the universe around us, we take these things for granted. ~ Mitch Albom
- Each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one. ~ Mitch Albom
- It is far more comforting to think God listened and said no than to think that nobody’s out there. ~ Mitch Albom
- Nothing haunts us like the things we don’t say. ~ Mitch Albom
- This is part of what a family is about, not just love. It’s knowing that your family will be there watching out for you. Nothing else will give you that. Not money. Not fame. Not work. ~ Mitch Albom
- Parents rarely let go of their children, so children let go of them. They move on. They move away. The moments that used to define them – a mother’s approval, a father’s nod – are covered by moments of their own accomplishments. It is not until much later, as the skin sags and the heart weakens, that children understand; their stories, and all their accomplishments, sit atop the stories of their mothers and fathers, stones upon stones, beneath the waters of their lives. ~ Mitch Albom
- What you have done to this point cannot be undone. What you do next… It is still unwritten. ~ Mitch Albom
Mitch Albom is an American author, journalist, screenwriter, dramatist, and musician. His books have sold over 35 million copies worldwide. Mitch is also the founder of Eight Kites, a non-profit organization that provides free musical instruments and music instruction to children in Detroit.
Mitch Albom has written extensively about happiness, family, life, love, success, motherhood, and loss. His quotes are often very motivational and inspirational. Here are some of our favourite Mitch Albom quotes:
These are just a few of Mitch Albom’s many powerful quotes. If you’re ever feeling down or struggling with something, read through some of his work – it might give you the motivation and inspiration you need.Hope you enjoyed these Famous Quotes, Share these HappyLives360 Quotes with your friends and family.