Relationship quotes are a dime a dozen. But the ones that touch our hearts and make us think about the ones we love are priceless. They can be funny, sweet, or even inspirational. But no matter what, they always remind us of the people we care about the most.
One of my favorite relationship quotes is by Unknown. It says, “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is to love and be loved in return.” This quote is so special because it reminds me of my husband and how much he loves me. No matter what life throws at us, I know we can always count on each other’s love.
Another great quote is by Oscar Wilde. He said, “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” This one resonates with me because it’s important to love yourself before you can truly love someone else. How can you expect a healthy and happy relationship if you don’t have self-love?
Finally, I think a quote by George Eliot is just beautiful: “What do we live for if not to make life less difficult for each other?” This supports the idea that relationships should be based on mutual respect and support. We should all strive to make each other’s lives happier and easier, not harder.
These are just a few of my favorite relationship quotes. What are some of yours?
Strong Relationship Quotes
Many strong relationship quotes can be found online and in books. Some of these quotes may resonate with you and your relationship, while others may not. However, all of these quotes emphasize the importance of having a strong foundation for a happy and healthy relationship.
For example, one strong relationship quote states, “A strong relationship requires choosing to love each other even in those moments when you struggle to like each other.” This quote highlights that even during tough times, it is important to remember why you love your partner and to work through the difficult moments together.
Another popular strong relationship quote is by Les Parrott. It states, “The first year of marriage is the year of decision. It’s when you find out if you want to stay married.” This quote acknowledges that marriage takes work and dedication. Still, ultimately it is up to the couple to decide if they are willing to put in the effort to make their marriage last.
Reading through strong relationship quotes can give you a better idea of what it takes to have a happy and healthy relationship. Choose those quotes that resonate with you and your relationship, and use them as motivation to continue working hard on your partnership.
- “All of me loves all of you.” — Jon Legend
- “We are most alive when we’re in love.”—John Updike
- “Who, being loved, is poor?”—Oscar Wilde
- “No road is long with good company.”-Turkish Proverb
- “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.”-Audrey Hepburn
- “First and foremost, self-love, and then give love away.”-Katy Perry
- “If I lost you I would cry, oh how I love you baby.” – Ike and Tina Turner
- “Love is a game that two can play and both win.” — Eva Gabor
- “True love stories never have endings.” — Richard Bach
- “There are never enough I love you’s.” – Lenny Bruce
- “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.”-Maya Angelou
- “The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret.” — Henny Youngman
- In true relationship, mistakes can be forgiven not the trickery.
- “Love: Two minds without a single thought.” – Philip Barry
- “You’re my reflection, all I see is you.” – Justin Timberlake
- A relationship requires a lot of work and commitment.” ~ Greta Scacchi
- “Distance means so little when someone means so much.” ~ Anonymous
- “We are so different, yet so much the same.” ~ Gloria Steinem
- “Let’s, let’s stay together.”—Al Green
Heart Touching Relationship Quotes
- “I love you not because of who you are but because of who I am when I am with you.”
This heart-touching quote by Roy Croft expresses the deep and profound love that we often feel for our significant others. It is the type of love that sees us at our best and loves us anyway. This is the kind of love that Lasts a lifetime.
- “A loving relationship is one in which the loved one is free to be themselves, to laugh with me, cry with me, dance with me, dream with me and love me as they choose.”
This beautiful quote by Osho perfectly describes what it feels like to be truly loved. It is liberating to know that we are loved just as we are and that we don’t have to put on a show or pretend to be someone else for our partner to love us.
- “If I know what love is, it is because of you.”
Holloway’s touching words ring true for many of us who have found ourselves deeply in love. Before we met our partner, we may not have even realized what love was, but now we know firsthand just how powerful and life-changing it can be.
These heart-touching quotes about relationships offer a glimpse into the immense power of love and how it can change our lives forever. When we find ourselves in a loving relationship, we are changed for the better and given a new lease on life. These quotes remind us.
- “At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.”—Plato
- “Love alone can rekindle life.”—Henri Frederic Amiel
- “Forgiveness is the oil of all relationships.”—Anonymous
- “We are asleep until we fall in love.”—Leo Tolstoy
- “We love the things we love for what they are.”—Robert Frost
- “If you would be loved, love, and be loveable.”-Benjamin Franklin
- “Assumptions are the termites of relationships.”-Henry Winkler
- “Don’t smother each other. No one can grow in the shade.”-Leo Buscaglia
- “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”-William Shakespeare
- “Love cures people—both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it.”-Karl Menninger
- “It is the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.”-Marlene Dietrich
- “Once I knew you I never wanted to know anyone else.” — Leo Christopher
- “A relationship where you can be weird together is your best choice.” — Paulo Coelho
- “You deserve someone who is terrified to lose you.” – R.H.Sin
- “Never love something so much that you can’t let go of it.” — GinniRometty
- “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.” ― Plato
- “The world is too quiet without you nearby.” – Lemony Snicket
- “All at once everything is different now that I see you.” – Tangled soundtrack
Meaningful Relationship Quotes
Regarding relationships, quotes can be a meaningful way to help express what you’re feeling. Whether you’re looking for something deep and introspective or light and funny, there’s a quote out there that will speak to you.
Relationships can be tricky things. They require to give and take patience, understanding, and sometimes a sense of humor. While they can be challenging, they can also be incredibly rewarding. These meaningful relationship quotes capture the ups and downs of a relationship and remind us that the best ones are worth fighting for.
- “A strong relationship starts with two people ready to sacrifice anything for one another.”-Unknown
This quote perfectly sums up what it takes to make a relationship work. Both parties must be equally committed to making things work, even when it’s tough. Suppose both people are willing to put in the effort. In that case, the relationship has a much better chance of success.
- “Love is not about how many days, weeks, or months you’ve been together. It’s all about how much you love each other every day.”-Unknown
This quote is a reminder that relationships are not defined by time but by the depth of feeling between two people. It doesn’t matter how long you’ve been together if your love is strong enough.
- “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” – Emily Bronte
- “Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.”-Paul Boose
- “You are my heart, my life, my one and only thought.” – Arthur Conan Doyle
- “We loved with a love that was more than love.” – Edgar Allan Poe
- “Don’t be too much possessive in relationship, it will ruin the entire connection.” ~ Invajy
- “Relationships don’t always make sense. Especially from the outside.” ~ Sarah Dessen
- “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.”—Aristotle
- “A loving heart is the truest wisdom.”—Charles Dickens
- “We humans definitely need other people to keep us human.”—Terry Pratchett
- “Never love anybody who treats you like you’re ordinary.”—Oscar Wilde
- “Happily ever after is not a fairy tale—it’s a choice.”—Fawn Weaver
- “Love is like the wind. You can’t see it, but you can feel it.”—Nicholas Sparks
- “People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.”-Joseph F. Newton Men
- “A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea.”-Honore de Balzac
- “The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost.”-Gilbert K. Chesterton
- “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.”-George Burns
- “Love is a two-way street constantly under construction.”-Carroll Bryant
- “Love that stammers, that stutters, is apt to be the love that loves best.”-Gabriela Mistral
- “Your hand touching mine. This is how galaxies collide.” ― Sanober Khan
Difficult Relationship Quotes
These difficult relationship quotes are ones that you can really relate to if you have ever been in a tough situation with a partner. Sometimes, relationships can be hard.
You might not always see eye-to-eye with your significant other, and that’s okay! It’s normal to have disagreements and arguments from time to time. However, it’s important to remember that despite the rough patches, you still care deeply for one another. These quotes capture that sentiment perfectly.
- “It’s not always rainbows and butterflies, but even the stormy days make our love grow stronger.”
This quote concerns how you can become stronger as a couple, even in tough times. It’s a reminder that the bad moments don’t define your relationship – how you handle them together does.
- “We fight, we kiss, we hug, we text, we talk, we argue, we laugh..we’re in a toxic relationship, and I wouldn’t change it for the world.”
This quote describes how even though a toxic relationship can be full of negativity, there’s still something special there worth fighting for. If you can get through the bad times together, it’ll only make your bond stronger in the end.
No relationship is perfect – there will always be ups and downs. But as long as you face them together, you’ll be able to overcome anything life throws your way.
- “Fall in love with someone who makes you glad to be different.” – Sue Zhao
- “Take a lover who looks at you like maybe you are magic” – Frida Kahlo
- “The love you take is equal to the love you make.” – Paul McCartney
- “We were together even when we were apart.” – Shannon A. Thompson
- “A dame that knows the ropes isn’t likely to get tied up.” ~ Mae West
- “Someone to tell it to is one of the fundamental needs of human beings.”-Miles Franklin
- “Treasure your relationships, not your possessions.” ~Anthony J. D’Angelo
- “The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.” ~ Charles Dickens
- “Souls tend to go back to who feels like home.”—N.R. Heart
- “Our soul mate is the one who makes life come to life.”—Richard Bach
- “And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make…”—The Beatles, from “The End”
- “A good word is an easy obligation; but not to speak ill requires only our silence; which costs us nothing.”-John Tillotson
- “Everything that happens is nicer with you.” – Sandol Stoddard
- “It’s easy to fall in love. The hard part is finding someone to catch you.”-Bertrand Russell
- “Being married is like having somebody permanently in your corner. It feels limitless, not limited.” — Gloria Steinem
Happy Relationship Quotes
Happy Relationship Quotes remind us that even though relationships can be tough at times, the happy moments are always worth it. These quotes celebrate the love between two people and how that bond can improve life. If you’re looking for a little inspiration, these Happy Relationship Quotes are sure to set the mood.
- “Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.”—Benjamin Franklin
- “Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence.”—Vincent Van Gogh
- “Deep in your wounds are seeds, waiting to grow beautiful flowers.”—NitiMajethia
- “Never love anybody that treats you like you’re ordinary.” — Oscar Wilde
- “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.”-David Tyson Gentry
- “A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.”-John Lennon
- “I could start fires with what I feel for you.” – David Ramirez
- “We cannot really love anyone with whom we never laugh.” — Agnes Repplier
- “The simple lack of her is more to me than others’ presence.”—Edward Thomas
- “I love her, and it is the beginning of everything.”—F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.”-Walter Winchell
- “There is nothing like puking with somebody to make you into old friends.“-Sylvia Plath
- “Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow.”— Swedish Proverb
- “A woman laughing is a woman conquered.” ~ Napoleon Bonaparte
- “The ultimate test of a relationship is to disagree but to hold hands.”—Alexandra Penney
Sad Relationship Quotes
There are few things in life more painful than a relationship that isn’t working. When two people who care for each other can’t find a way to make things work, it’s heartbreaking. There are all kinds of quotes about sad relationships, and these are some of the most poignant.
- “It’s better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.”
This quote from Alfred Lord Tennyson is often used to comfort people who are grieving a lost love. It’s a reminder that even though the pain of a breakup is real, the happiness of being in love is also real and worth experiencing.
- “Love is never wasted. Even when it doesn’t work out, it changes you for the better and teaches you what you deserve.”
This quote by Unknown reminds us that even though a sad relationship may not have lasted, we still learned and grew from it. And we can take those lessons with us into future relationships.
- “The hardest thing about loving someone is watching them leave… over and over again.”
This quote by Kahlil Gibran captures the pain of seeing someone you love leave again and again. Whether they’re leaving physically or emotionally, watching them go is hard.
These Sad Relationship Quotes help us to express the pain of a failed relationship and remind us that we’re not alone in our sorrow. They also give us hope that love is still worth it despite the hurt.
- “They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.”-Carl W. Buechner
- “What is uttered from the heart alone, will win the hearts of others to your own.”-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Never above you. Never below you. Always beside you.” ~Walter Winchell
- “Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.”—H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “We cannot be sensitive to pleasure without being more sensitive to pain.”—Alan Watts
- “When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are.”-Donald Miller
- “We are afraid to care too much, for fear that the other person does not care at all.”-Eleanor Roosevelt
- “To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.”-Brandi Snyder
- “Every man I meet wants to protect me. I can’t figure out what from.” ~ Mae West
- “I love her and that’s the beginning and end of everything.” ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “My love for you is past the mind, beyond my heart, and into my soul.” – Boris Kodjoe