“I think that if you’re alive, you have to fling yourself into the abyss and see if you can fly.” – Richard Dreyfuss.
This is one of my all-time favorite quotes from the great actor Richard Dreyfuss. It perfectly encapsulates the human experience. We are all constantly faced with obstacles and challenges, but it is up to us to decide how we will face them.
Do we cower in fear or muster up our courage and jump headfirst into the unknown? Only by taking risks and facing our fears can we truly live. And as Dreyfuss so eloquently puts it, “if you’re alive, you have to fling yourself into the abyss and see if you can fly.” So let’s all take a deep breath and dive in because life is waiting for us.
Inspirational Richard Dreyfuss Quotes
- “I’m nothing if not honest”
- “Let’s give some substance to patriotism It may take a generation”
- “Wake up and live It’s a fast world out there”
- “Power never turns power down, ever, unless institutionally demanded”
- “Tabouli is the best salad, but still, you don’t win friends with salad”
- “We mistake politics for legislative debate You can be passionate without being personal”
- “In my experience, it’s usually up to the actor how a character is portrayed”
- “People who commit adultery must die Everyone knows that Any movie tells you that!”
- “You don’t have to act as if you care; you just have to care enough to act”
- “Happiness has a bad rap People say it shouldn’t be your goal in life Oh, yes it should”
- “It is an obvious and blatant stupidity beyond my ability to articulate how dumb it is for us not to teach our children how to run the government”
- “It’s fun to see the light in someone’s eyes It’s fun to give your own eccentric experience and have it land That’s fun”
- “She did the best that we could be; she was perfectly charming and perfectly loving She was a dream And she was the kind of dream that you remember when you wake up smiling”
- “By telling my own story, I hope to help remove the stigma It never should be something to hide”
- “John Kennedy really did extend the reach of the American people and said, like Lincoln said in a way, that our reach is farther than our grasp – and we should aim high”
- “My worst fear is that I’ll end up living in some run-down duplex on Wilshire wearing pants hiked up to my nipples and muttering under my breath”
- “There is one solution to all of our problems: Teaching our kids clarity of thought and political representation in democracy That’s it”
- “Theater is completely different from film or television It has a beginning and a middle and an end and it’s different every night And it’s far preferable to any other except in the sense of not getting paid, people who want to eat should do film and television”
Famous Richard Dreyfuss Quotes
Richard Dreyfuss is an iconic American actor who has starred in some of the most memorable films of the past few decades. He is also known for his highly successful career as a director, producer, and screenwriter. While he is most commonly associated with his work in film and television, Dreyfuss is also an accomplished stage actor. In addition to his many awards and nominations, he has also been nominated for an Academy Award (Best Actor) and a Golden Globe Award (Best Actor in a Motion Picture Drama).
- “I really think that living is the process of going from complete certainty to complete ignorance”
- “Part of me is still waiting to grow up, to be an adult, and the other part knows there is no such thing”
- “I didn’t understand -D in the fifties and I can’t say I get it now either I just don’t see what the big deal is”
- “I don’t know what its like for most actors, but really clearly for myself acting has always been the fulfillment of personal fantasies It isn’t just art, its about being a person I’ve always wanted to be, or being in a situation, or being a hero”
- “The bad guy always gets the best scene and the best lines in the film, and they usually get the most days off”
- “If I wasn’t an actor, I’d be a teacher, a history teacher After all, teaching is very much like performing A teacher is an actor, in a way It takes a great deal to get, and hold, a class”
- “I believe that a nation that allows music to be expendable is in danger of becoming expendable itself”
- “It must be remembered that the Bush White House has a separate talent for character assassination that must not be confused with a talent for governance”
- “I never had a role that I set out for I always wanted to have a body of work that I’m proud of Save for two projects, which will never pass my lips, I’m happy with what I’ve done”
- “I decided at age , but I was reinforced at age when a teacher told me I had talent I can’t say she really motivated me because I already knew I knew I had talent I went to the Jewish community theater and got in plays there Then I went for the movies”
- “The happiest I ever been was when I was a struggling actor I’ve had big houses and small houses I always had work available for most of my career When I actually had to find jobs to make money, that’s when I was happy”
- “I said to my doctor, ‘You gottatestme, there’s something wrong with me that I would be behaving this way’”
- “The rules are all wrong today The mandate of the media really does pre-date the founding of the United States
- “I have more fun and more grand and glorious moments of my life than anyone I’ve never known I know that some people call that manic-depress, and that other people call that being touched by God I just call myself lucky”
Dreyfuss’s body of work is incredibly diverse, but one thing that remains constant throughout is his passion for acting. This passion was evident from a young age; when he was twelve, he appeared in an Off-Broadway production of The Teacher. From there, he went on to star in films like Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, The Goodbye Girl, Mr. Holland’s Opus, and What About Bob?.
While Dreyfuss’s list of accomplishments is long and impressive, what really sets him apart is his motivational quotes. Over the years, he has shared various wisdom that has inspired people worldwide. Whether it’s about following your dreams or appreciating life’s simple pleasures, Dreyfuss’s words are sure to leave a lasting impression. Above are just a few of our favorites:Hope you enjoyed these Famous Quotes, Share these HappyLives360 Quotes with your friends and family.