Sharon Salzberg’s quotes are some of the most motivating and inspiring words you will ever hear. Sharon is a world-renowned meditation teacher and bestselling author, and her quotes are full of wisdom and insight.
No matter what challenges you’re facing in life, these Sharon Salzberg quotes will give you the strength and courage to keep going. If you’re looking for motivation, look no further than these powerful words from Sharon Salzberg.
Motivational Sharon Salzberg Quotes
- We don’t need any sort of religious orientation to lead a life that is ethical, compassionate & kind.
- Loving kindness is a form of love that truly is an ability, and, as research scientists have show, it can be learned.
- Faith is not a commodity that you either have or don’t have enough of, or the right kind of. It’s an ongoing process.
- We need to create change for ourselves, in a workable way, as part of our everyday lives.
- You are capable of so much more than we usually dare to imagine.
- By engaging in a delusive quest for happiness, we bring only suffering upon ourselves.
- In any experience, even a painful one, we can find the end of suffering right in the heart of the moment.
- We need the courage to learn from our past and not live in it.
- Meditation is the ultimate mobile device; you can use it anywhere, anytime, unobtrusively.
- Restore your attention or bring it to a new level by dramatically slowing down whatever you’re doing.
- The difference between misery and happiness depends on what we do with our attention.
- If you go deeper and deeper into your own heart, you’ll be living in a world with less fear, isolation, and loneliness.
- Life is like an ever-shifting kaleidoscope – a slight change, and all patterns alter.
- We often get caught up in our own reactions and forget the vulnerability of the person in front of us.
- If we truly loved ourselves, we’d never harm another. That is a truly revolutionary, celebratory mode of self-care.
- When you recognize and reflect on even one good thing about yourself, you are building a bridge to a place of kindness and caring.
- The key in letting go is practice. Each time we let go, we disentangle ourselves from our expectations and begin to experience things as they are.
- Letting go is an inside job, something only we can do for ourselves.
- Kindness is really at the core of what it means to be and feel alive.
- Pain & suffering requires time, awareness, and an intentional practice of self-love to disentangle.
- In those moments when we realize how much we cannot control, we can learn to let go.
- You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
- All beings want to be happy, yet so very few know how. It is out of ignorance that any of us cause suffering, for ourselves or for others.
- Forgiveness is a personal process that doesn’t depend on us having direct contact with the people who have hurt us.
- Even when we do our very best to treat those close to us with utmost respect and understanding, conflict happens. That’s life. That’s human nature.
- To offer our hearts in faith means recognizing that our hearts are worth something, that we ourselves, in our deepest and truest nature, are of value.
- Compassion is not at all weak. It is the strength that arises out of seeing the true nature of suffering in the world.
- Compassion isn’t morose; it’s something replenishing and opening; that’s why it makes us happy.
- If we have nothing material to give, we can offer our attention, our energy, our appreciation. The world needs us. It doesn’t deplete us to give.
- We’re capable of much more than mediocrity, much more than merely getting by in this world.
- We learn and grow and are transformed not so much by what we do but by why and how we do it.
- The mind thinks thoughts that we don’t plan. It’s not as if we say, ‘At 9:10 I’m going to be filled with self-hatred’.
- In our frantic search for something to quench our thirst, we overlook the water all around us and drive ourselves into exile from our own lives.
- We long for permanence but everything in the known universe is transient. That’s a fact but one we fight.
- For any marginalized group to change the story that society tells about them takes courage and perseverance.
- Through loving kindness, everyone & everything can flower again from within.
- You are a person worthy of love. You don’t have to do anything to prove that.
- Our ability to connect with others is innate, wired into our nervous systems, and we need connection as much as we need physical nourishment.
- Mindfulness helps us get better at seeing the difference between what’s happening and the stories we tell ourselves about what’s happening.
- Mindfulness isn’t difficult, we just need to remember to do it.
- Mindfulness, also called wise attention, helps us see what we’re adding to our experiences, not only during meditation sessions but also elsewhere.
- We use mindfulness to observe the way we cling to pleasant experiences & push away unpleasant ones.
- As we practice meditation, we get used to stillness and eventually are able to make friends with the quietness of our sensations.
- The strength of mindfulness is that it enables us to hold difficult thoughts and feelings in a different way—with awareness, balance, and love.
Reading and learning Sharon Salzberg’s quotes can be incredibly motivational. Her words can inspire you to live your life more fully and purposefully.
Moreover, her quotes can provide practical guidance on how to live a happier and more meaningful life.
For instance, one of Sharon’s most famous quotes is, “The only way to overcome suffering is to walk right through it.” This quote suggests that we should not try to avoid or escape our suffering but face it head-on. By doing so, we can learn and grow from it. This is just one example of the many wise and inspiring things Sharon has said. If you’re looking for motivation in your life, look no further than the powerful words of Sharon Salzberg.Famous Quotes, Share these HappyLives360 Quotes with your friends and family.