Sri Chinmoy was an Indian spiritual teacher who founded the Sri Chinmoy Centre. He was born in 1931 in a village in Assam, India, and died in 2007.
Sri Chinmoy was a prolific writer and composer, and his work includes more than 100 books and 20,000 songs. He was also a painter, sculptor, and athlete.
Sri Chinmoy’s teachings emphasize self-transcendence: the belief that we can all go beyond our perceived limitations to realize our true potential.
“There is no limit to what we can accomplish,” Sri Chinmoy wrote, “if we tap into the power of the soul.”
Many of Sri Chinmoy’s quotes are about inner peace, happiness, and meditation. Here are some of my favourites:
Sri Chinmoy Quotes To Enlighten Your Spiritual Side
- Happiness means the simplicity of life.
- Just one smile immensely increases the beauty of the universe.
- To be true to oneself is the hardest test of life.
- Love your enemy. It will not only puzzle him, but finally illumine him.
- We must every day try to love the essential and not the superficial.
- Try not to change the world. You will fail. Try to love the world. Lo, the world is changed. Changed forever.
- Is the world so unbearable? No! What we need is only a little more love for the world.
- You and I create the world by the vibrations that we offer to the world.
- What comes to me unmistakably is what I carefully or carelessly invite.
- Do you want to change the world? Then change yourself first. Do you want to change yourself? Then remain completely silent inside the silence-sea.
- Man is by nature a lover. Only he has yet to discover the real thing to love. This quest awakens him to the fulfillment of his real Self.
- When you really have something to offer to the world, then you can become truly humble.
- One word that wakes all humanity Love, love, love!
- I begin by imagining the impossible and end by accomplishing the impossible.
- If we can invoke Peace and then offer it to somebody else, we will see how Peace expands from one to two persons, and gradually to the world at large.
- I do not pray for a safe road. I pray for infinitely more courage than I now have.
- Be kind, be all sympathy, for each and every human being is forced to fight against himself.
- My life is only half full when I receive. My heart is completely full only when I give.
- Instead of telling the world what it is supposed to do, why don’t you immediately do it yourself In this way, I assure you, your happiness will be surprisingly multiplied.
- Hope is at once both simple and profound. It is hope that binds Heaven and earth. Hope is the bridge between Heaven and earth.
- “A lifetime of happiness lies within your imagination.” -Sri Chinmoy
This quote is one of my favourites from Sri Chinmoy. It’s short, but it packs a lot of wisdom into just a few words. We often forget that happiness is something that we create for ourselves. It’s not something that someone else can give us or take away. It’s up to us to find joy and happiness in our lives. And it all starts with our imaginations.
If we imagine a life full of happiness, we can make it a reality. We all have the power to create our happiness. So let’s start using our imaginations today to create the life we want to live!
Famous Sri Chinmoy Quotes
- No matter what happens, do not lose hope. For once hope is gone, everything is gone.
- Never worry about things that you are unable to change. Change your own way of looking at truth…
- And in self-giving we become really happy. Real humility is the expansion of our consciousness and our service.
- I am very happy because I have conquered myself and not the world. I am very happy because I have loved the world.
- Hate is often an obverse form of love. You hate someone whom you really wish to love but whom you cannot love.
- When your love is pure or spiritual, there is no demand, no expectation. There is only the sweetest feeling of spontaneous oneness with the human being or beings concerned.
- Judge nothing, you will be happy. Forgive everything, you will be happier. Love everything, you will be happiest.
- Life is nothing but the expansion of love. We can cultivate divine love by entering into the Source. The Source is God, who is all Love.
- World-peace can be achieved when the power of love replaces the love of power.
- Love Is never afraid of fear. Fear Is always afraid of love.
- Do not be afraid of tasting the bitterness of failure. Be brave. The sweetness of success will before long befriend you.
- If we feel inwardly strong, we will have no need or desire to speak ill of others.
- Be sincere in your thoughts, be pure in your feelings. You will not have to run after happiness. Happiness will run after you.
- You must never forget that greatness does not guarantee happiness but goodness always does.
- Peace begins when expectation ends.
- The most effective medicine here on earth is unconditional love.
- No price is too great to pay for inner peace.
- If you have inner peace, nobody can force you to be a slave to the outer reality.
- Spirituality means a seeker’s attempt to be better than he was yesterday.
- “Not to give up under any circumstances should be the motto of our life: I shall try again and again, and I am bound to succeed. There will be obstacles, but I have to defy the obstacles.”
- A gratitude-heart is to discover on earth a heaven-delivered rose.
- Gratitude is not a mere word; it is not a mere concept. It is the living breath of your real existence on earth.
- If failure has the strength to turn your life into bitterness itself, then patience has the strength to turn your life into the sweetest joy.
- Do not surrender to fate after a single failure. Failure, at most, precedes success.
- “Do you want to make progress? If so, then take each problem not as a challenging rival, but as an encouraging friend of yours, who is helping you to arrive at your ultimate destination.”
- Paradise is not a place; it is a state of consciousness.
- When we seek appreciation from others, we get not appreciation, but flattery.
- Life is effort. So says the body. Life is blessing. So says the soul.
- “Life is effort.” So says the body. “Life is blessing.” So says the soul.
- If you really want to love humanity, then you have to love humanity as it is now.
- There is no yawning gulf between man and God. Through his aspiration and meditation, Man can become conscious of his oneness with God.
- Everybody has God inside, but not everybody is able to see God within. One can see God only when one cries for Him. Those who cry for God and pray to God can realise God.
- Love is the only wealth that man absolutely needs. Love is the only wealth that God precisely is.
- Music is the language of God. God’s language, music, is not like mathematics or geometry. It is a language of love. If we love music, that is enough.
- Gratitude is the sweetest thing in a seeker’s life – in all human life. If there is gratitude in your heart, then there will be tremendous sweetness in your eyes.
- What is meditation? Meditation is our conscious awareness of something vast and infinite within us. Meditation grants us Peace, Light and Bliss.
- Meditation speaks. It speaks in silence. It reveals. It reveals to the aspirant that matter and spirit are one, quantity and quality are one, the immanent and the transcendent are one.
- Run and become. Become and run. Run to succeed in the outer world. Become to proceed in the inner world.
- Spirituality tells the seeker not to live in the hoary past, not to live in the remote future, but to live in the immediacy of today, in the eternal Now.
Chinmoy Kumar Ghosh was an Indian spiritual guru who was instrumental in making the practice of meditation mainstream in the western world. He was a well-known author of books on spirituality, wrote poems and organized public events to educate people about the benefits of meditation.Hope you enjoyed these Famous Quotes, Share these HappyLives360 Quotes with your friends and family.